• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beniboybling

• cs_zoltan

• Aurbere

• tunewalker

Well, I would happily go for that if only to cover all our bases.

A lot of things we see her do without a sweat people take for granted. For example, she ripped apart stone particle by particle, and then rebuilt it again. Telekinetically manipulated spirit ichor, transforming it's elemental state, and more....

But no one takes notice because she did it without batting an eyelid.

That's precisely why I think Talzin/Plagueis will be fun to debate. I'd love debating that comparison because they both understand the force in ways most never have but on two entirely different levels. Plagueis had an almost scientific approach to the force with his study of midichlorians whereas Talzin had a very spiritual/shamanistic bent on her studies. Talzin's control of the force is something that hasn't been seen before her. I don't think this makes her literally the strongest ever but her mastery is legendary.

Edited by Rhyltran

True, but I'm waiting for other input, Lady I remember seemed to favour Caedus over Yoda.

Best not to rush these things. :D

People who put Caedus above Yoda do so because they put too much stock in the esoteric, in my opinion. He doesn't have that many raw power showings, at least none that put him above Yoda.

So far we have 3, + 1. We dont have our +2 in favor of Yoda yet.... at least to my knowledge.. We have a couple in favor of Vitiate... so that's still a possible, And of course we have Lady in Favor of Caedus, so he is, of course, not ruled out yet.
Again we shouldn't really view this as a popularity contest, its not a question of who Lady votes for, but what arguments she says, and what effect that has on our opinions. I think its important we view it in that way, and not rush.

Again we shouldn't really view this as a popularity contest, its not a question of who Lady votes for, but what arguments she says, and what effect that has on our opinions. I think its important we view it in that way, and not rush.

Oh I was just following the set up "rule" in the start about moving on and the like....

People who put Caedus above Yoda do so because they put too much stock in the esoteric, in my opinion. He doesn't have that many raw power showings, at least none that put him above Yoda.
Well I'd be interested to discuss just how esoteric Caedus' powers are, I haven't read the novels but I'm heard from those who have that Caedus abilities were very much raw power showings, things like fold space, flow walking etc.

Well I'd be interested to discuss just how esoteric Caedus' powers are, I haven't read the novels but I'm heard from those who have that Caedus abilities were very much raw power showings, things like fold space, flow walking etc.

Force Teleportation (Revan) > Fold Space (Darth Caedus).

Something interesting I found via KMC:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/depa-billaba-respect-thread-1621156/?page=1

I just thought it relevant considering Depa is among the Jedi masters Yoda schools. She is beastly, and could contend with Windu. Noting Caedus has a vs. lots of tough Jedi feat, but he doesn't do nearly as well, though still excellently.

Edited by Beniboybling

Something interesting I found via KMC:

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/depa-billaba-respect-thread-1621156/?page=1

I just thought it relevant considering Depa is among the Jedi masters Yoda schools. She is beastly, on par with Windu. Also noting that Caedus has a vs. lots of tough Jedi feat, but he doesn't do nearly as well, though still excellently.

Beastly? Yes. But not on par with Windu. She's still better than a lot of Jedi, so it is still a plus for Yoda.

Sense: Caedus I still feel wins, but just marginally it could just be over Yoda do to Sidious's blocking of the Light side's senses of Yoda. Vitiate comes in last here

This is exactly what I wanted to say. Yoda had great farsight but it was clouded by Palpatine the most powerful sith ever.

In any case I'd go with Yoda > SE > Caedus

Anyway...

Beni, Depa had several advantages in that conflict that do not suggest her being on par with Windu. For instance, Windu had been injured severely, was exhausted, and did not want to fight her. Depa also had some beneficial effects.

That said, I'm fairly certain Depa was commended for her swordsmanship skills on several occasions. So, she's beastly, but not on par with Windu. She was, however, one of the individuals that he taught Vaapad to, which implies that Mace was confident in her abilities.

Lawls, when I said on par I didn't literally mean she was equal in skill, but in the same way that Dooku is on level with Yoda, that she can contend with him, which is pretty rare, and something deserving respect.

But looks like Ant is quitting the internet, I'll take that as a win.

Lawls, when I said on par I didn't literally mean she was equal in skill, but in the same way that Dooku is on level with Yoda, that she can contend with him, which is pretty rare, and something deserving respect.

But looks like Ant is quitting the internet, I'll take that as a win.

Well, it's a fight with a lot of circumstances on both sides, so I think Depa could probably contend, but Mace is still noticeably superior. I can't think of a good example right now, because I think the gap between Dooku and Yoda is closer than Depa and Mace.

Well, it's a fight with a lot of circumstances on both sides, so I think Depa could probably contend, but Mace is still noticeably superior. I can't think of a good example right now, because I think the gap between Dooku and Yoda is closer than Depa and Mace.
But the principles are the same, Dooku can contend with Yoda, but I only under exceptional circumstances could win.

However, though its really not relevant, regardless of the disadvantages, Depa did appear to be schooling him like a child, heck I think that's what it says. Also according to Wookieepedia Windu thought she was the better duelist, true?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.