Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Force Resistance?

TitusOfTides

Accuracy reduces the target's resistances, if above 100%. I know this is the chance for a force attack to land, but when I have examined my my own defensive tooltips (60 Sage) I have 0.00% force resistance.

Are there any player characters that can gain "Force Resistance," and if so how much? What I am beginning to believe is that accuracy would serve no role in PvP combat if across the board everyone has 0.00%

With the expansion, multiple abilities have been added which push defense chance to a threshold where it is very likely to resist force attacks. Sages do not gain this ability in any way.

Diversion, for example, has always reduced the targets force/tech and melee/ranged accuracy, making it possible to resist force attacks. Powertech tank explosive fuel gives 35% defense chance increase, AP powertechs gain defense when using their aoe taunt, furious strike for marauders, operatives/snipers also resist force/tech while rolling.

Adding additional accuracy with these defensive cooldowns in mind is a losing proposition, because itemizing to counter them is very situational and will drop your overall damage. Instead of getting accuracy on your sorc, go for 2-4 alacrity enhancements.

Edited by Nekrall

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.