What is the hereditary nature of Twi'lek skin?

Sposchel

I've read everything wookiepedia seems to offer on the subject, but all that I can glean is that there were a large variety of skin colors exhibited by the species, some more rare than others. But, for example, would parents pass on their skin color to their children? Did families tend to be of the same skin tone?

The reason that I ask is that I just started a Sith warrior, and have been trying to decide what customization to use on Vette. I'm torn between #2 (Red with red eyes and tattoos) #3 (Aquamarine with brown eyes) or #6 (Pink with purple eyes). I read that both Vette's sister and mother had blue skin, so if skin color was hereditary, of the three I like the Aquamarine might make the most sense. On the other hand, I also read that Lethan Twi'leks had their red skin tone on account of a mutation, not heredity, so perhaps the red customization would make sense too.

TL;DR: anyone with any insight on how Twi'leks' skin color is determined, I would really love to learn.

I've read everything wookiepedia seems to offer on the subject, but all that I can glean is that there were a large variety of skin colors exhibited by the species, some more rare than others. But, for example, would parents pass on their skin color to their children? Did families tend to be of the same skin tone?

The reason that I ask is that I just started a Sith warrior, and have been trying to decide what customization to use on Vette. I'm torn between #2 (Red with red eyes and tattoos) #3 (Aquamarine with brown eyes) or #6 (Pink with purple eyes). I read that both Vette's sister and mother had blue skin, so if skin color was hereditary, of the three I like the Aquamarine might make the most sense. On the other hand, I also read that Lethan Twi'leks had their red skin tone on account of a mutation, not heredity, so perhaps the red customization would make sense too.

TL;DR: anyone with any insight on how Twi'leks' skin color is determined, I would really love to learn.

I'm not expert on this by any means, but from what I understand the red, pink and purple hughs of skin were the rarest kinds. With greens/yellows/blues being the most common.

And upon just reading the wookie page on Twi'leks, it said that the rarest color is red. Which is due to a mutation.

So with that being said, I would probably go with a blue, because genetic lol