The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Just why...

Shyroma

$200 million reportedly spent on this game and Twi'leks can't even wear a hood, and a majority of head pieces aren't even changed for Twi'leks, and so you have hats partly going through their lekkus and making it look very weird. This is just some of the laziest coding form a development team that I have ever seen (for the budget provided, that is), I mean come on! I'd like be able to wear a hood and not have hats look like they're impaling my lekkus!

$200 million reportedly spent on this game and Twi'leks can't even wear a hood, and a majority of head pieces aren't even changed for Twi'leks, and so you have hats partly going through their lekkus and making it look very weird. This is just some of the laziest coding form a development team that I have ever seen (for the budget provided, that is), I mean come on! I'd like be able to wear a hood and not have hats look like they're impaling my lekkus!

Welcome to the quick and easy path of coding.

It's because people post in the wrong forum section....also just wait, it'll get there eventually, it's just not something high on the list.
I honestly doubt that they have any plans to fix it. I hope they do... But I doubt it (especially when they can't even manage to fix their security key app, which totally defeats the point of even having that option, since you can't use it). Edited by Shyroma

Am I the only one hilariously laughing that the OP is complaining about Twi'lek discrimination with a Twi'lek avatar?
Yeah, I play a Twi'lek and have a Twi'lek avatar because Twi'leks happen to be my favorite race... Also, what does this have to do with discrimination? This is more about the icky coding Bioware implemented in a lazy shortcut to do less work.

First wrong place for said post? Second, the cut scenes and voice acting take a CRAZY amount of money....hence why many MMOs don't do them. Me? After playing MMO's since before the Millennium... u get used to such things tbh. I could rage about how the robe/glorified trench coats in this game look like mud flaps on speeders, or I could complain about how some costume geometries swallow parts of weapons...OR I could realize the amount of time, which equals money, to make every weird geometry in this game mesh with every other weird geometry would mean they spent more time and money making things look pretty than on new stuff and stuff that works.

Edited by Ghisallo

First wrong place for said post? Second, the cut scenes and voice acting take a CRAZY amount of money....hence why many MMOs don't do them. Me? After playing MMO's since before the Millennium... u get used to such things tbh. I could rage about how the robe/glorified trench coats in this game look like mud flaps on speeders, or I could complain about how some costume geometries swallow parts of weapons...OR I could realize the amount of time, which equals money, to make every weird geometry in this game mesh with every other weird geometry would mean they spent more time and money making things look pretty than on new stuff and stuff that works.
You realize triple A games have cutscenes in them and don't even spend half the budget that SWTOR had? That point is sadly invalid. I'm not hating on SWTOR. I like it. But there are things that annoy me about it. Weak coding is one of the bigger things. I mean, there's no weather system, no day/night cycles, an engine that I consider bad for MMORPGs was used... It's just a tad annoying at times when you notice these things. Hopefully the rumor of EA supposedly going to dump a ton of money into the game because of the coming movie proves to be true... Edited by Shyroma

Yeah, I play a Twi'lek and have a Twi'lek avatar because Twi'leks happen to be my favorite race... Also, what does this have to do with discrimination? This is more about the icky coding Bioware implemented in a lazy shortcut to do less work.

Edited by MarcheseAMM

The sad fact is, that Twi'leks are played by so few that in their eyes it's not worth the effort.

I mean, they can't even be bothered to make the Sith-y eyes available to anyone but humans so we are still in the situation that if you go past DS 1 and you want the dark side eyes, you're gonna look like you got run over by an ice cream truck.

The sad fact is, that Twi'leks are played by so few that in their eyes it's not worth the effort.

I mean, they can't even be bothered to make the Sith-y eyes available to anyone but humans so we are still in the situation that if you go past DS 1 and you want the dark side eyes, you're gonna look like you got run over by an ice cream truck.

Yes, I noticed that too. It seems that humans are catered too (judging by the cartel market) and the other races, not so much. It's a shame really, but I guess the most populated race gets all the good stuff.