Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

The new companion boxes - you **** up again, BW

Vodamin

The tanking struff for Treek looks pretty good to me. The character I ran through this morning is a SI so tanking is the way to go.

I have a JK that I am running through now and it will be interesting to see how effective Treek is with the healing stance.

Edited by asbalana

Is Elanas gear equipable for treek? If so what are her stats compared to treeks gear? Imo bioware screwed up by introducing companion gear. They shoukd have never done it. Makes crafting gear utterly pointless. If their goal is to kill crafting theyre doing a good job.

Who would think that Treek needs accuracy to heal?

Yep, BioWare, thats who.

In 4 out of 10 gear pieces there is accuracy rating. For what reason exactly, why you can not even mix max this gear.

The kind of stuff you're looking for falls to the player to pursue, certainly NOT Bioware.

If you are unsatisfied with a FREE Legacy armor set, AR 192, that should suffice for running dailies and what not, you must be trolling.

EDIT:

You also get implants and an earpiece; plus a MH, not to mention the daily you can run on Rishi.

Is Elanas gear equipable for treek? If so what are her stats compared to treeks gear? Imo bioware screwed up by introducing companion gear. They shoukd have never done it. Makes crafting gear utterly pointless. If their goal is to kill crafting theyre doing a good job.

The limitless pandering never seems to stop nowadays.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Please explain how this killed crafting? Best gear you could craft is 186 same as basic com gear unless you learn scheme from re-eng. Those items at this point in the game are on the pricey side for some one to gear out there companion in. So how did this kill crafting?

Please explain how this killed crafting? Best gear you could craft is 186 same as basic com gear unless you learn scheme from re-eng. Those items at this point in the game are on the pricey side for some one to gear out there companion in. So how did this kill crafting?

Without companion gear boxes: everyone kits their comps in 186s, whether purchased from crafters or with basic comms.

With companion gear boxes: everyone uses the gear boxes and doesn't buy schutta.

Without gear boxes, nobody would go to the trouble of spending Elite comms on 192s for comps.

My biggest complaint is that now everybody's comps will looks the same, since the companion gear can't be modified to look different.

My biggest complaint is that now everybody's comps will looks the same, since the companion gear can't be modified to look different.

Assumptions. You're assuming everybody is going to actually use the gear from these lockboxes when that may not actually be the case. Especially in the case of main companions. My main companion, for instance, won't be using this entire set. I can see using some of it if it has the right stats to upgrade his current armor and doesn't look dumb with his current chestpiece but if it fails those two criteria I'm not using it. Period. Your assumption that every player is going to jump at this to make their companions look the same is silly. Some people do care what their companions look like and aren't cheap enough to just take this and call it a day. That's their choice.

And, if those people do make that choice and don't have the comms to upgrade their companion's armor, where will they get the mods and such? From crafters. If anything this is going to make it more likely for me to grab some mods and armorings from crafters because if I run out of comms gearing up my main companion after using some of this gear, I'll go to the GTN and pick up some armorings and the like that way. It'd bother me to not have him in at least 186 gear with the 192 stuff mixed in.

Without gear boxes, nobody would go to the trouble of spending Elite comms on 192s for comps.
Not right now. But I remember a month or so before 3.0, being capped on Elite comms and not having much else to do with them but gear companions.

Basics I could at least buy Iso-5 with. Elites were not that useful.

Expecting these to be bis optimised is a little much.

I'd be far more concerned about the stat issues on 4/9 items in the one pack I've seen.. Nadia Grell. Those 4 items seem to be 162 rather than 192 - that is a guess based on comparing to other gear... coincidental or where the issue lies? Does not bode well for the other sets. Takes the shine off it a little.

Expecting these to be bis optimised is a little much.

I'd be far more concerned about the stat issues on 4/9 items in the one pack I've seen.. Nadia Grell. Those 4 items seem to be 162 rather than 192 - that is a guess based on comparing to other gear... coincidental or where the issue lies? Does not bode well for the other sets. Takes the shine off it a little.

Several items are under budgeted. As times goes by, it is likely they'll fix them.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.