60 PVP and Bolster

Phorenzyk

I'm not entirely sure how I should proceed into PVP at 60. I've seen a multitude of opinions, but I"m looking for something concrete about what to wear.

What I keep hearing is I should stick with the 162 greens from the SOR intro FPs and I should keep that until I can acquire ranked gear. Is that true? If not, what's the best way to go into it?

Wear the 162 stuff and slowly replace it with exhumed gear as you get regular warzone comms. Get an orange set that you like the looks of, augment it, pull armor/mods/enh from exhumed pieces (keep the shells!!) and put the mods in the orange set. Use advanced anodyne stims. Once you have a full exhumed set, start stockpiling ranked warzone comms with the 3-1 conversion and slowly (very slow process) trade in the exhumed shells for the ranked (Dark Reaver) pieces. Edited by teclado

Use unranked gear once you are able to get certain pieces. As soon as you get implants, ear piece, relics put them on. Get both weapons and you can put them on. wait to put on actual "clothing" pieces until you have them all. Then put them all on. Then proceed to grind out ranked gear. Edited by Saikochoro

Also don't mix your green clothing pieces with unranked pieces. Just leave the unranked clothing pieces in your inventory until you have them all (head, chest, hands, belt, legs, feet, bracer). Once you have them all equip them all at once. Otherwise bolster will screw you over. I recommend getting relics first. Then ear piece and implants. Put them on as you get them. Then weapons. Then clothing pieces.

Also don't mix your green clothing pieces with unranked pieces. Just leave the unranked clothing pieces in your inventory until you have them all (head, chest, hands, belt, legs, feet, bracer). Once you have them all equip them all at once. Otherwise bolster will screw you over.

Not true at all. You don't want to mix the armor/mod/enh in a single piece, but there is no reason why you should hold off wearing a single exhumed piece until you have full exhumed.

Example for clarity:

Headpiece has exhumed armoring and mod, but 162 PVE enhancement = BAD...VERY BAD

Headpiece = exhumed, everything else = 162 PVE = OK

I recommend getting relics first. Then ear piece and implants. Put them on as you get them. Then weapons. Then clothing pieces.

I agree with this, especially if you have poor relics. However, I don't think you can get to 2018 expertise without pvp weapons at 60.

Edited by teclado