That object next to Yavin when you are flying to the planet?

JourrnoRush

Forgive me if I'm missing the lore or failure/laziness to look it up, but I am curious.

When you fly to Yavin for the first time or if you RP your character to not s;)pam Quick Travel, you will notice a "space station" like object orbiting next to Yavin.

Anyone know what that is and why its there?

Forgive me if I'm missing the lore or failure/laziness to look it up, but I am curious.

When you fly to Yavin for the first time or if you RP your character to not s;)pam Quick Travel, you will notice a "space station" like object orbiting next to Yavin.

Anyone know what that is and why its there?

It's a throwback to KotOR. There was a space station above Yavin where an old rodian sold rare goods (i.e. the best lightsaber crystals in the game) after you'd helped him out with some trandoshan thugs. That thing's still there 300+ years later, apparently.

It's Yavin Station from KOTOR 1, an area that, I believe, only existed in the PC version of the game and was not available when the game was first released on the original XBox.

And from what I've read though, that station is still around by 0 BBY, so it endured for almost four millenia.