SLAYERS THREE beast hunters from Rishi should be expanded on

ThaadJarvis

One of the aspects of Rishi that really made alt replay a lil more bearable were the hunter trio "Slayers Three". Angol, Derrus, & Bez Martilla, with their heavy accents, interesting armor, and juicy quest (that they were on) to hunt the most feared creatures in the galaxy I was captivated yet bummed that they were mere dailies. I recall a very similar quest in Kotor on Tatooine where a galactic beast hunter named Komad Fortuna requested your help to defeat the krayt dragon.

My suggestions for the game would be to tie the Martilla trio into world boss achievements and or create a Beast Hunting Event similar to BBA except instead of criminals you would be tracking/scanning down beasts and monsters of varying AI and mechanics. Maybe the martillas would individually help u on some event instanced fights (think The Eyeless but a solo version) in the way GSI droid helps solo FPs, or go the halfasse way and just make them vendors that sit on fleet (IMO it should be both). Items from the vendors could work like the gsi speeders where they require 4-5 items gathered from your beast kills before you can purchase things such as the triple blade sword from the BH class quest on Taris or a Legendary rep mount version of the hover-flatbed trucks from Rishi like the ones in the quest "Courier Network". If BW wants to really get people (including Raid Guilds) involved then maybe make the event shorten world boss respawn timers to 30 mins or so, make them lvl 60 and make most of the rewards come from a weekly for that creature so that camping bosses won't create problems.

If the previous is "too much work" then the Cartel Market should at least add the armors in a pack or make the trio stronghold npc options.

Tell me what you guys think...

I like the idea maybe have killing beast acheivements and after killing x amount of that one beast or doing that specific daily over and over eventually you get a stuffed trophy of that particular beast for your stronghold. Edited by Vanisher

Or maybe create a new planet for daily hunting quests. Maybe those daily quests are random so every day you pick up your daily hunt the beast quest it's a new beast. Say maybe bring out the plant Rodai or Kashyyyk as hunting plants for these dailes.

Maybe even offer as a reward a vanity pet of some of those said creatures. Or even have dna drops from creatures and have it that bio Chen can make make creature mounts from said dropped dna. Maybe allowing reverse engineering or something to get possible mutations. How cool would it be to have creature mounts created by players.

Or maybe create a new planet for daily hunting quests. Maybe those daily quests are random so every day you pick up your daily hunt the beast quest it's a new beast. Say maybe bring out the plant Rodai or Kashyyyk as hunting plants for these dailes.

Maybe even offer as a reward a vanity pet of some of those said creatures. Or even have dna drops from creatures and have it that bio Chen can make make creature mounts from said dropped dna. Maybe allowing reverse engineering or something to get possible mutations. How cool would it be to have creature mounts created by players.

Good ideas ..I do believe planet would be too much for an event though. Taking into account the way BW does things like post expansion daily zone patches (CZ-198/Oricon) having a planet similar to CZ -198 where it's just a background wouldn't do much justice in hunting things and an Oricon sized map would require a solid story plot that everyone (that wants gear progression) is intended to run through. I figured if it was an event like bounty week then we could have another Reputation grind etc etc and since it's not a map like the Rakghoul or Gree event -only summon devices and "breadcrumb trail" type things are all that need to be loaded up. Part of the reason I believe bounty week is so easily fit on a whim into their monthly schedule is because of these reasons.

No it wouldn't be an event just add a new planet. Have big game hunting quests or dailes. Doesn't need to be an elaborate story. This is more of a distraction some alternate end game content. Because it's such a big universe there are probably tons of big game hunts going on. Some of those beasts maybe their body parts could cure the rakgoul plague could be a reason to get a jedi to participate lol.

It would be something different than the normal dailies and offer cool decor items for strongholds having stuffed animal heads to mount on your walls.

I have posted on other forums about Dxun being a very fruitful planet for beast type encounters (Cough.. Zakkegg Beast), a Mecca for mandalorian fans, Freedon Naad's temple a place for sith's, and Onderon for jedi politics. But since they made 2 jungle types for SoR expac I am uncertain they would prioritize Dxun. I am crossing my fingers for BW to implement something involving these Trophy Game Hunters though, we are in need of a new Rep >Event< separated from CM. Everyone more or less has acquired what they want from BBA.

PS. BW bring back the Sith Tremor sword from the KotoRs (NM raid drop?) people will drool over it !