Male Jedi Sage outfits

soosel

Adaptive armor is the key. You can dress as a heavy armor wearing commando if you want.

I was under the impression that, with the introduction of adaptive armour (and by extension, Cartel outfits), the devs stopped giving a damn about what the gear attained outside of the Cartel looked like. Last season's PVP sets come to mind, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. All of this said, the outfit in question was part of the original game, so... maybe they've always just been hit or miss. xP

Definitely scope some adaptive armour. Even if you're short on credits, you can get some pretty decent sets for cheap.

http://i.imgur.com/hmYd5Zs.jpg

That outfit makes me question my sexuality. Are all jedi sage outfits look so feminine? If so, I demand sex change operations available at Appereance Designer kiosks!

Or will it get better later? (I'm a new player, and don't know anything about social and high-lvl outfits)

Since your character is male, there is a very quick and easy fix for this until you get some better stuff. In Coruscant, in the market under the Senate, there is a "Social Vendor." They sell a set of gear that's male only that includes pants and is significantly better looking than what you've done to your poor Consular. :p

Here is a picture of it: http://swtorista.com/uploads/outfitimages/form22425.jpg

It's dirt cheap and only requires Social rank 1. Social rank 1 can be earned in just about any of the low level flashpoints but Esseles especially.

Yeah, a lot of the Consular gear has a distinctively feminine look to it, particularly almost anything white. Though who knows, maybe chokers and frilly shoulders are considered manly in the Republic. :p

I usually just go with synthweaving stuff, Jedi Initiate or Jedi Sage, or if you like hoods Consular are pretty decent, I prefer to find a pair of adaptive pants though. As far as headgear...well, hide headgear exists for a reason, all classes have some terrible stuff in that department. The assorted circlets are about the only sage headgear that doesn't involve fins/curtains/ear flaps afaik.

Edited by jovianus

• 2 weeks later...
Get some cheap adaptive pants off the GTN, then just wear whatever robe you want. So much easier than back at launch, when that Formal set wasn't in the game, and no pants until Alderaan. Edited by RGMetal

Get some cheap adaptive pants off the GTN, then just wear whatever robe you want. So much easier than back at launch, when that Formal set wasn't in the game, and no pants until Alderaan.

I have to agree. Back in the days when you had to wear that ugly stuff I couldn't stand to look at my Sage and stopped playing it for a while. Well, I also found the story pretty boring. ;)