Custom armor trap

Letsplayrift

A better version how? Orange gear is purely cosmetic, especially crafted orange gear, since they are crafted with no mods.

You put mods into them to make them better..... after they are crafted... orange with no mods in them look like crap of course because they arent equipped with anything.

What makes them sought after and usually better is they are highly customizable by swapping out mods, making them last longer than other gear while leveling.

I keep upgrading my 23 or whatever orange body with epic mods at my level and it constantly beats all other gear I come across.

Edited by Midnight_Malice

I haven't tried it since beta pre-orange gear but can you still RE custom gear and learn a better version of it? It might have been removed since my char in the last beta weekend crashed if I clicked on the RE'd recipe, either that or I just had an irritating bug :)

No, you can't RE orange gear .. even if you could, what would be the point? there are no stats anyway. the stats come from strictly the mods yo put in it

No, you can't RE orange gear .. even if you could, what would be the point? there are no stats anyway. the stats come from strictly the mods yo put in it

Wrong.

You can RE orange gear and get components from it. Just don't expect to get any schematics.

I have yet to see a single proof of that you can crit on oranges, only "yes you can" without any from of proof. and No Torhead isnt acceptable as proof as that datamined information can easily be wrong (just because their listed as having a slot in tha data files will not magically change the 0% chanse to craft them to 1%).

You could also just...not worry too much about Augment slots? They're not as significant as the other mod slots, from what I've seen. A fully slotted orange without an augment is going to kick the crap out of pretty much anything short of a fully slotted orange with an augment slot, which will be so exceedingly rare as to not be at all reliable, and therefore negligible.

What I want to know is, can you turn a purple schematic into an orange schematic with reverse-engineering?

• 4 weeks later...
like 5 people in another thread say orange cant have augment slot, without even a debate

the problem with this arguement is:

1. in beta orange customs could be crit to produce augment slots (rare chance)

2. orange customs could be reverse engineered AND a new schematic learned: oranges with BASE STAT BONUS built in, which could than still have 3 mods put in them

3. These "reverse engineered" recipes could than be crit to include an augment slot

So yes, it was possible to have a rare crit reverse engineered orange item with both bonus stats (dependent on the RE'd name appendage) + the 3 normal mod slots + an augment slot

Items on torhead reflect this as the data was mined during beta, and I can confirm the existance of at least the augmented versions myself from beta experience (though i never did see in game a reverse engineered version)

HOWEVER, having said all of that: to date no one has shown proof of existance of any of these things post launch. It currently appears that it is no longer possible to crit an augment slot onto an orange, and all attempts at reverse engineering have only produced components with no recipes

So, end of debate until someone supplies proof post launch, it is appearing more and more likely that these pieces were removed after beta

There has been quite a bit removed, I wont even go into how broken RE'd pvp and pve raid gear is, or the complete lack of value armormech has at lvl 50, its been quite disapointing, my beta experience led me to believe I was going to be valuable with armormech after release, the reality is they nerfed it into worthlessness

While Im on a ***** fest it also appears the speeder I wanted was removed, the manta which you would get in beta is no longer in the game, best looking speeder, removed.

So many things are missing that were in beta it almost feels like half a game, wheres the boba fett looking armor? oh yea, taken out a week after launch, this used to be on a vendor in dromund kass for lvl 50s, hes not there anymore, poof, more nerfs to this game for no real reason

ill shut up now before i list 100 other things they removed...

You could also just...not worry too much about Augment slots? They're not as significant as the other mod slots, from what I've seen. A fully slotted orange without an augment is going to kick the crap out of pretty much anything short of a fully slotted orange with an augment slot, which will be so exceedingly rare as to not be at all reliable, and therefore negligible.

What I want to know is, can you turn a purple schematic into an orange schematic with reverse-engineering?

no...

oranges are not above purples, oranges are on the same tier as blues, purple is higher

RE produces higher tier recipes, not lower

no...

oranges are not above purples, oranges are on the same tier as blues, purple is higher

RE produces higher tier recipes, not lower

Well, the answer is no in that you can't learn oranges from reverse engineering.

However oranges themselves are tierless. They are empty shells that take on the tier of whatever is slotted into them, be that purples, blues, or greens.