Cleansing and cover debuffs

madtycoon

Thanks for fixing physical cleanse. No troll.

Cleansing Crowd Control still mostly useless.

There are too many raid utility debuffs right now and they are too easy to apply to your target to cover your crowd control from a cleanse.

Most rotations come with at least two types of raid utility debuffs that get applied just by attacking someone and a lot of these come from AoE attacks. So what happens is during the course of a fight people will be hit with several of these debuffs. So when the crowd control comes and you go to cleanse your teammate, these raid debuffs will prevent the cleanse.

The game's cleansing system is applied based. That means when you go to cleanse something it will remove the debuffs applied earliest first. This is great, because there isn't RNG to what gets removed.

Now there should be skill in covering your crowd control. It should be important for someone to be able to cover crowd control against the cleanser with junk debuffs. If you want to whirlwind an operative healer and protect it from a sorc's cleanse, then you should have access to cover debuffs and outplay the cleanse. The problem you have in the game right now is that it is too mindless to cover your crowd control.

The only solution that wouldn't kill how you have raid utility debuffs set up for pve is for cleanse to have a shorter cooldown. Healers especially should have a shorter cooldown on cleanse. It would not be gamebreaking at all if their cooldown was 4.5 seconds.

At least with a shorter cooldown you could preclean a target before crowd control lands then cleanse the CC a couple of globals later. Right now if you go to preclean a target, the long cooldown will prevent any cleanse and the junk debuffs will be applied again in that duration with little to no thought.

Thanks for fixing physical cleanse. No troll.

Cleansing Crowd Control still mostly useless.

There are too many raid utility debuffs right now and they are too easy to apply to your target to cover your crowd control from a cleanse.

Most rotations come with at least two types of raid utility debuffs that get applied just by attacking someone and a lot of these come from AoE attacks. So what happens is during the course of a fight people will be hit with several of these debuffs. So when the crowd control comes and you go to cleanse your teammate, these raid debuffs will prevent the cleanse.

The game's cleansing system is applied based. That means when you go to cleanse something it will remove the debuffs applied earliest first. This is great, because there isn't RNG to what gets removed.

Now there should be skill in covering your crowd control. It should be important for someone to be able to cover crowd control against the cleanser with junk debuffs. If you want to whirlwind an operative healer and protect it from a sorc's cleanse, then you should have access to cover debuffs and outplay the cleanse. The problem you have in the game right now is that it is too mindless to cover your crowd control.

The only solution that wouldn't kill how you have raid utility debuffs set up for pve is for cleanse to have a shorter cooldown. Healers especially should have a shorter cooldown on cleanse. It would not be gamebreaking at all if their cooldown was 4.5 seconds.

At least with a shorter cooldown you could preclean a target before crowd control lands then cleanse the CC a couple of globals later. Right now if you go to preclean a target, the long cooldown will prevent any cleanse and the junk debuffs will be applied again in that duration with little to no thought.

It's as good as it is. I personally hate the ability to cleanse a hard stun, as it makes group ranked kind of borrowing. If someone stack a tech healer and a sorc dps, they can literally cleanse every single stun you have on the tank which is quite boring as there is not more thing as hard switch. Basically teams just chain stun/interrupt the healer, and hope your DPS burn through the healer's hots/instants or uninterruptable abilities.

With that being said, I am sure the best way to time a cleanse is to stay in voice comm and call out for cleanses. My healer can cleanse hard stun in no time when I call in mumble. There should also be ways to toggle your interface settings. I am not sure if there are ways to highlight hard stun only, but there is a way to show cleansable debuffs only.

It's as good as it is. I personally hate the ability to cleanse a hard stun, as it makes group ranked kind of borrowing. If someone stack a tech healer and a sorc dps, they can literally cleanse every single stun you have on the tank which is quite boring as there is not more thing as hard switch. Basically teams just chain stun/interrupt the healer, and hope your DPS burn through the healer's hots/instants or uninterruptable abilities.

With that being said, I am sure the best way to time a cleanse is to stay in voice comm and call out for cleanses. My healer can cleanse hard stun in no time when I call in mumble. There should also be ways to toggle your interface settings. I am not sure if there are ways to highlight hard stun only, but there is a way to show cleansable debuffs only.

Don't think you get what I'm posting about.

You don't need someone to call out to be cleansed. Or you shouldn't. I mean anyone decent can cleanse CC pretty fast depending on where they are on global. Especially now that there's the new interface settings that show cleansable debuffs. In arenas, you can bind all your teammates which makes it even faster. Even the best players will miss a cleanse here or there and yeah voice helps.

I'm talking about cover debuffs and how easy they are to apply. Raid utility debuffs like Overwhelmed and Vulnerable that protect the target from being cleansed. Cleanse can only remove two debuffs on a long cooldown. So when a lightning sorc for example is attacking something, there are going to be two cleansable debuffs up on that target at any given time that were applied before a stun gets applied. So say the target has overwhelmed and vulnerable and then they stun the target. You can cleanse the target, but you won't be able to cleanse the stun.

I think cover debuffs are good, because it gives good players/teams a way to cover their CC from an incoming cleanse. At the same time there is no counter for the cleanser. Lower the cooldown on cleanse and the cleanser can keep up with the cover debuffs (by sacrificing globals) and have a target clean for when the crowd control lands.

Edit: And yeah a dps sorcs off cleanse is stupid and needs to be addressed.

Edited by madtycoon

I agree, there are way too many raid debuffs in pvp. One assassin putting wither on a target locks that target from being cleansed. This is a problem especially with assassin tanks also being able to put out the same damage as a dps (in full damage gear because only idiots wear tank gear on an assassin) I can get 5-6k ticks on crits of the new force lightning ability and I can ensure that my target stays CCed.

I agree, there are way too many raid debuffs in pvp. One assassin putting wither on a target locks that target from being cleansed. This is a problem especially with assassin tanks also being able to put out the same damage as a dps (in full damage gear because only idiots wear tank gear on an assassin) I can get 5-6k ticks on crits of the new force lightning ability and I can ensure that my target stays CCed.

Pfft yeah right. Stop spreading verbal diarrhea.