companions

tabot

I wish swtor would update the companions relationships with the character. For instance Elara Dorn has not talked to me since a little after we agreed to get married. During the 55-60 lvls she didnt give me any rep or bad rep. I think swtor needs to update the companion lines.

I understand what a huge and costly undertaking this is, but at the very least, some more letters/gifts from our partner companions would be nice. Or SOMETHING to indicate the special nature of the relationship that was built. This is such a lovely element in this game - it should be refreshed.

I understand this is a game but if we are going to pay for it and play we should be able to have more meaningful conversations with our companions. It looks like swtor just forgot about the companions in the last xpac.

I had an idea way back that for each expansion they should make it that all companions get 3 new talk events added. They would be unlocked according to reputation (perhaps 3000, 6000, 9000 rep) and to time in game (right from the start, partway through Makeb or after Rishi, at end when story for that xpac is complated).

its not going to happen, they would need to go out and get EVERY voice actor, pay them for thier time etc etc, bioware already hate doing that with the main classes, os I wouldn't hold my breath.... also I'm asuming alot of the actors are not even avaliable anymore, for example (sadly) I heard the voice actor for Tano (trooper companion) died IRL :(

Besides writing the dialog and making the animations the time to do the actual voice acting wouldn't be that time consuming. Besides how much money could it possibly be to get a couple dozen people to say some lines. It's not that hard. I know surgeons who can replace whole organs on people in just a morning. Getting someone to record a couple of pages of lines should take an hour at most. And really paying for an hour of an actors time shouldn't be that expensive.

Voice acting got a serious cut, budget-wise, for SoR. I could be wrong, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's not downhill from there. Game has several non-speaking Basic companions and aside from some intros and mainly Treek, they are silent throughout the expansion.

Again, downhill.

EDIT:

its not going to happen, they would need to go out and get EVERY voice actor, pay them for thier time etc etc, bioware already hate doing that with the main classes, os I wouldn't hold my breath.... also I'm asuming alot of the actors are not even avaliable anymore, for example (sadly) I heard the voice actor for Tano (trooper companion) died IRL :(

The VA for Tanno Vik did die unfortunately, but for RotHC, they got another VA to voice him. They also recast the VA for Darth Mortis.

In other words, provided what I said earlier wasn't an obstacle, recasting VA's for companions should be no biggie. Assuming of course people would take no issue with it. :o

Edited by Darth_Wicked