Marauder In PvE

Padewan

So I'm looking to play a Sith warrior, and before 3.0 hit planned to go marauder for Ataru form simply because it's my favorite lore-wise.

But I've seen lots of complaints about the new 3.0 sent/mara, but most seems to be based on pvp. And I don't want to play an ac that would just be frustration the whole time.

Can anyone weigh in on how mara performs in pve? Or should I just go juggernaut?

If you like 2 sabers better than one, go for Mara.

Its a fun class, but albeit a squishy one. You will die much more playing Marauder than Jugg. Raid wise the Marauder do have a couple of awsome abilities thou. Predation and Bloodthirst. Predation gives runspeed and 10% defence from melee and ranged attacks, Bloodthirst gives 10% extra healing and dmg for entire raid for 10sec.

I like playing the class, but i wish they did somthing about the stacato playstyle that Annihilation has turned in to :/

It's horrible on so many bosses in both new instances, the fact that you have to be in melee range for all of your stuff just makes you take to many risks and you will die to more or less everything. I would recommend Powertech/Vanguard or Assassin/Shadow instead as you can maintain a lot of your DPS from range when you have to avoid mechanics or are unable to get within 4m of the boss.