Conquest

Silenceo

Can't seem to find the post. :(

As for the Chiss, remember, they were masters of getting others to cause "offensive" maneuvers. Wasn't it one of their politic things that they did often to get around the whole, only defensive measures, thing? :p As for the Hapans, they have a few plots of their own, but nothing as threatening as what the Galactic Empire has planned...

Yeah, the Chiss preach defense all the time. They don't attack, but they work things to get the enemy to attack them so they can get rid of whatever they happen to get rid of.

Oh boy! What could the Empire possibly have planned? Inventing the paper clip? :rolleyes: Nah, they'll probably try to build a Death Star or something.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the Chiss preach defense all the time. They don't attack, but they work things to get the enemy to attack them so they can get rid of whatever they happen to get rid of.

Oh boy! What could the Empire possibly have planned? Inventing the paper clip? :rolleyes: Nah, they'll probably try to build a Death Star or something.

Chiss are crafty... Likely some of the craftier Factions in star wars on its scale...

As for the Empire they have tried that already... TWICE Aurbere... Think bigger! *Cue SUPER Death Star, like they did with Star Destroyers...* :p /sarcasm (Or is it...?)

Scenario 2587B:

You Intelligence Agents have discovered that the Galactic Empire is working on a new planet destroying super weapon.

Do you:

A. Negotiate defensive treaties with neighboring governments.

B. Use your agents to sabotage construction.

C. Lead a full fledged attack on the system.

Chiss are crafty... Likely some of the craftier Factions in star wars on its scale...

As for the Empire they have tried that already... TWICE Aurbere... Think bigger! *Cue SUPER Death Star, like they did with Star Destroyers...* :p /sarcasm (Or is it...?)

Oh heck yeah, they are crafty. It's one of the reasons I like Dark Nest, not just because of the personal stakes for Luke, but because there's a lot to do with the Chiss.

I... Actually, I wouldn't doubt a Super Death Star. It's probably armed with, like, fifteen super lasers that can fire in all directions or something. :rolleyes:

Oh heck yeah, they are crafty. It's one of the reasons I like Dark Nest, not just because of the personal stakes for Luke, but because there's a lot to do with the Chiss.

I... Actually, I wouldn't doubt a Super Death Star. It's probably armed with, like, fifteen super lasers that can fire in all directions or something. :rolleyes:

Keep your eyes open Aurbere, they might disguise an agent as a smuggler which you might imprison, and use that to take over your planets! :eek:

As for the Super Death Star... Who knows? They have built some insanely crazy stuff... :D

Keep your eyes open Aurbere, they might disguise an agent as a smuggler which you might imprison, and use that to take over your planets! :eek:

As for the Super Death Star... Who knows? They have built some insanely crazy stuff... :D

What would a Super Death Star even do?

Scenario 2587B:

You Intelligence Agents have discovered that the Galactic Empire is working on a new planet destroying super weapon.

Do you:

I choose D.

D. Join their new Regime, bringing my faction into their fold, then working to gain strength as the others suffer. :d_evil:

They better not! :eek:

The list of crazy Empire stuff is a long one. Who knows what they could be planning? :rolleyes:

What would a Super Death Star even do?

It would... Fire a laser that caused a chain reaction, the effect ignoring the Death star but acting like Chain Lightning to other planets in the system or enemy fleets without certain transmitters...

You know the Empire would make it if they could...:eek:

Scenario 2587B:

Do you:

I make defensive treaties with others and then hire Tune's fleet to attack it. :p

I make defensive treaties with others and then hire Tune's fleet to attack it. :p

In which case I pick option B... and have its first time firing causing it to explode, if the first time firing does cause it to... oh well I am sure few more subsequent firings will cause it to explode.. point is it explodes... and then I get paid.

It would... Fire a laser that caused a chain reaction, the effect ignoring the Death star but acting like Chain Lightning to other planets in the system or enemy fleets without certain transmitters...

See... they already made a Super Death Star.... its called Sun Crusher....

In which case I pick option B... and have its first time firing causing it to explode, if the first time firing does cause it to... oh well I am sure few more subsequent firings will cause it to explode.. point is it explodes... and then I get paid.

And if it DOESN'T explode due to them fixing the error before firing, as your fleet waits for it to explode? :p

See... they already made a Super Death Star.... its called Sun Crusher....

Meh, but that isn't as great.

Destroying all hostile targets in the star system but your own unharmed in a single shot, with the option of singularly or multiple planet destruction, is more advanced than just blowing it all up using the star. :p

True power, comes from being able to restrain and CONTROL the power!

They probably could. It would probably involve magnetism or a system or relay signals placed on the target worlds. I'm not sure what the science is, but it could be done.

And if it DOESN'T explode due to them fixing the error before firing, as your fleet waits for it to explode? :p

Then I dont get paid.... My FLEET is never there.

Maybe sabotage it again, and fire it manually, or just infiltrate and get a guy to put a thermal detonator on the core... hit the explode button as he leaves... i dont know I dont care... if it explodes I get paid, if it doesnt

Then I dont get paid.... My FLEET is never there.

Maybe sabotage it again, and fire it manually, or just infiltrate and get a guy to put a thermal detonator on the core... hit the explode button as he leaves... i dont know I dont care... if it explodes I get paid, if it doesnt

That... Ending... :p :p :p :p :p

Though yes Aurbere, gotta give it to the Galactic Empire for how advances its tech could get at times...

That... Ending... :p :p :p :p :p

Though yes Aurbere, gotta give it to the Galactic Empire for how advances its tech could get at times...

I was thinking more on that. It's possible they could make it into some sort of railshot that goes through the target as it follows a trail of sensors. Multiple targets, one shot.

It might not be possible, but it could be. More unbelievable things have happened.

I was thinking more on that. It's possible they could make it into some sort of railshot that goes through the target as it follows a trail of sensors. Multiple targets, one shot.

It might not be possible, but it could be. More unbelievable things have happened.

Or they could turn the entire system into a "wall of mirrors".

Such as have the first one several lightyears behind the first target, and have it reflect through the next, which connects with a third, and ect. If they all align correctly, 1 shot the entire fleet with one shot without risking the "mirror" ships.

Or they could turn the entire system into a "wall of mirrors".

Such as have the first one several lightyears behind the first target, and have it reflect through the next, which connects with a third, and ect. If they all align correctly, 1 shot the entire fleet with one shot without risking the "mirror" ships.

That would be interesting. Though the details would have to be worked out. Perhaps usage of signal emitters would repel and direct the laser?

That would be interesting. Though the details would have to be worked out. Perhaps usage of signal emitters would repel and direct the laser?

Probably something insane like that. Likely could hide it within their "Historical Preservation" fund or something else just as random... Rich Imperials, and smug about it too!... :(:D

Probably something insane like that. Likely could hide it within their "Historical Preservation" fund or something else just as random... Rich Imperials, and smug about it too!... :(:D

We need more funds for our Mirror Lasers of Doom!

Well what should we draw the money from?

Let's draw it from the Orphanages!

:rolleyes:

Well, that's if everyone that wants to participate has posted their character and fleet. How many people do we have so far?

3/6

Dom'Rahn, Star, and Tune's I think are missing. Unless I missed it Tune? :(

Others of course can still join in. (Sel? Beni? :p )

Edited by Silenceo