Mk-1 and Mk-2 Implants?

JonnyRay

Am I missing something or is there zero stat difference between the new 3.0 Implants when making the "Mk-1" or "Mk-2" version? I've been making the Mk-2s because 2 > 1, therefore it 'must' be better, right?. But I wasn't 100% sure if maybe I was missing something by not making the Mk-1s.

Also, it seems like the "Hawkeye" variants for the purples are the better choices. Primary Stat + Endurance + Accuracy + Power. But maybe there are some other variants that different classes, builds, playstyles would prefer?

The MK-1 variants are used to get the purple Crit Surge implant. The MK-2 are for getting the Accuracy Power ones.

Thanks. That makes sense. Since I've mostly been making the Hawkeye (Accuracy / Power) purples I hadn't tried to see what I could discover from the Mk-1's.

Not counting the tanking ones, the MK-1 is usually crit/surge while the MK-2 is power/accuracy. There are also different MK-1s that do not have a corresponding MK-2 variant that are power/alacrity. The best implants for DPS will be to RE the MK-2 until you get the blue Expert version, and then RE that into purple Hawkeye version. For healers, you want to either RE the crit/surge MK-1 into the blue Fervor, and then into whatever the purple crit/surge version is called, or you want to take the power/alacrity implant and RE it until you get the blue Expert, then RE that until you get the purple Vehemence version.