The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The UN-sexification project and an extra suggestion

Faolon

UN-sexification

UN-complicate

With "un-sexification", I don't mean to say I want to get rid of all existing sexy armors. I rather like them. I was just looking at the Elegant Loungewear set top, which my Sage is wearing and was thinking about how nice it looks.

I think that set and all those like it would look good as the top parts of dresses. So imagine instead of just a bra with rings and strings holding it up, it was an actual dress or corset. They could have designs like this for example: http://i.imgur.com/1IQXXL8.jpg

So instead of just having sexy versions of armors, there could be un-sexified versions of sexy armors.

What I mean by Un-complicate is basically the removal of a lot of the superfluous crap so many of the armor pieces have.

For example: http://tor-fashion.com/agile-judgment-imp/

That top comes with a rigid front and back skirt thing that clips through any skirt, even the skirt that's part of that set. That top would be amazing if it weren't for that pointless extra stuff. And I know for a fact that there already exist versions of that top that do not have the extra, they are all green items, though.

This set doesn't have the front skirt portion: http://tor-fashion.com/warriors-pulsing/

If the rear part were removed, it would be perfect. It's a problem so many armors have.

I'd also like to see certain pieces just re-attached to other parts of the armor set. For example: having the cape be part of the helm instead of the chest piece. So you can have a cape with an armor set that usually doesn't have one, or remove the cape if you don't want it.

Another example would be to add the skirt that I complained about earlier to the belt of the armor set instead of the top. So the butt-flap on the Dancer's sets, for example, would come attached to the belt instead of the top. Or it could be part of the bottom.

This would greatly expand the number of armors available from the cartel packs, imo. Imagine several versions of the same armor with certain pieces attached to different parts.

Lana Beniko's set with a special cape helm that doesn't add a new helmet, but instead attaches or removes the cape.

This could also be a method for allowing people to hide hoods. So you can have the hood attached to the helmet and people can just hide the helmet to hide the hood.

I don't know if any of this is possible, but personally, I'd love to see it.

Edited by Faolon

You mean like the Sensuous Dress?

/thread

Nah, not really.

The Sensuous dress has pointless sleeves, and doesn't have the **** cups that stuff like the dancer's sets have.

http://tor-fashion.com/elegant-loungewear/

On top of that, the Sensuous top is overly complex.

http://tor-fashion.com/sensuous-dress/

It's got metal things, and leather layers that make it look really heavy.

You mean like the Sensuous Dress?

/thread

I always find it amusing how people type /thread when they have posted their opinion, assuming that somehow they are right, everyone else is wrong, and they get the final word.

It is stupid, because it is untrue...

I always find it amusing how people type /thread when they have posted their opinion, assuming that somehow they are right, everyone else is wrong, and they get the final word.

The sensuous dress fills the bill. It's a dress. It's a corset. Duh. Just because they don't have exactly what you want doesn't mean they don't have stuff along similar lines. There are also other dresses. Maybe they have hoods and you don't like hoods, but they are still dresses. There is also the female-only outfit from the capital worlds social vendors.

So no, not untrue.

/thread again

Lol, so true, and then at the same time demonstrating they have no sense of fashion and spouting already mentioned examples that, surprise, don't come with a dress :p at least not those with bikini type tops from the home worlds.

Edited by LeJarC

. I was just looking at the Elegant Loungewear set top, which my Sage is wearing and was thinking about how nice it looks.

I think that set and all those like it would look good as the top parts of dresses. So imagine instead of just a bra with rings and strings holding it up, it was an actual dress or corset.

The Elegant Loungewear top has been part of a dress since launch. It is based off of the Elegant Armor adaptive gear you can get with social 1. So putting it onto a new dress would take it full circle :p

The Elegant Loungewear top has been part of a dress since launch. It is based off of the Elegant Armor adaptive gear you can get with social 1. So putting it onto a new dress would take it full circle :p

How about leaving the shoulder part off, so the dress starts at the chest instead of all the way to the neck.

Also, the Elegant Armor has a buttflap.

Edited by Faolon

Exactly. It's like saying "I'm just going to go ahead and /thread this thread because I have said my opinion and it is above all other ones and in my head I have the power above all the scrubs and whatever other people say is useless. Only I can say what I want, others cannot."

That's what I think of when people go "/thread". It's very annoying.

I agree, though, any more variety is always good.

The Luxurious and Genteel Dress sets are kinda nice. I'm a dude and mostly play male characters and even my female alts and companions....I don't like to make them look like strippers to go into combat. I don't mind it though and I know a number of female players who like to dress their characters that way and more power to them.

Its the same with some of the unisex/male armor...Unfettered Trenchcoat for one. Casual Vandal's Jacket. That's cool and all but with my main being a Power Tech, I expect him to be a little more heavily armored going into battle.