The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Who will be the next SWTOR sith Emperor?

ilifus

Latino review does have some leaks. They have prove a VERY reliable source in the past. The video game is not among the current source for the new movie...BUT if you go there you might read why Disney said Star Wars Rebels is Canon... Especially when it comes to the bad guys.

• 1 month later...
Marr's dying and has already stated that his place is on the battlefield, Jadus and Malgus are both considered traitors and would't be able to proclaim their new throne before the imperial strike team (SW, SI, IA and BH) come in and stick twenty rounds of gunfire and lighting between their eyes.

Here is the official answer as to why the emperor will not die in SWTOR.

In the final boss fight of the expansion 4.0 (Resurgence of the Emperor), at around ~2% HP, the emperor will become invulnerable to damage for ~10s, and will then disappear in an explosion of lightning that will deal

~35k damage to players (or npcs in solo fight) and will return in Ep VII

Fid... Still trying answer the question..."is he a troll or just guilty of EXTREMELY wishful thinking" since I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt.

That said the Emperor has to die, per the new Canon. The canon accepts the rule of two. As the last two Sith were Sidious and Vader, Vitiate had to be dead.

Edited by Ghisallo

Marr's dying and has already stated that his place is on the battlefield, Jadus and Malgus are both considered traitors and would't be able to proclaim their new throne before the imperial strike team (SW, SI, IA and BH) come in and stick twenty rounds of gunfire and lighting between their eyes.

Marr has said that his place is on the battlefield. But when did he say he was dying I don't mean to disagree but I seriously don't remember

• 1 month later...

Last time we had an Emperor, he turned out to be crazy person hell-bent with destroying the Galaxy. People may never want to trust one man with absolute power over the Empire again. I suspect, seeing as this Concordia Ordinum that is working so well in Marr's regime seems to be the steps towards the New Empire.

I think that having the Dark Council as the governing body with a "Head of the Council" would be a much more preferable idea. The Head of the Council still answers to the Council, and therefore they all keep each other in check. I think that the Emperor has done to the Empire what Tarquin the Proud did to Rome. Stigmatised the title Emperor and thus made people wary of it.

Last time we had an Emperor, he turned out to be crazy person hell-bent with destroying the Galaxy. People may never want to trust one man with absolute power over the Empire again. I suspect, seeing as this Concordia Ordinum that is working so well in Marr's regime seems to be the steps towards the New Empire.

I think that having the Dark Council as the governing body with a "Head of the Council" would be a much more preferable idea. The Head of the Council still answers to the Council, and therefore they all keep each other in check. I think that the Emperor has done to the Empire what Tarquin the Proud did to Rome. Stigmatised the title Emperor and thus made people wary of it.

Then it wouldn't be an "Empire" now would it? Nope....

About Marr making Wrath the "Empires Wrath" to keep him from fighting for emperor makes no sense...whoever the new emperor is could just as well negate the Wraths "power" within the empire or disolve an "empires wrath" altogether.

Most of the ideas here make no sense. And no player character will become emperor while SWTOR is running.

Also to the idiot saying Vitiate is the confirmed villian for ep7..you've already been debunked on that..you're not fooling anyone with the false information you claim to know.

Just saying an Empire does NOT require an Emperor. The Roman Empire existed LONG before a guy named Julius chose to crown himself Emperor. Empire is not about an Emperor.

Ghisallo is correct, the Dark Council would be defined as a oligarchy, a legitimate form of rulership over an Empire.
About Marr making Wrath the "Empires Wrath" to keep him from fighting for emperor makes no sense...whoever the new emperor is could just as well negate the Wraths "power" within the empire or disolve an "empires wrath" altogether.
That wasn't the point, the point was to give the Wrath purpose in the wake of the Emperor's removal from power.

Malgus has already tried to usurp the Empire and was a traitor publically- the Empire would never go back on that.

Marr said himself he had no interest in the office, rather prefering the battlefield himself, so he's very likely out. He also doesn't strike me as being powerful enough: He needed -Jedi- , mercenaries, and etc just to handle Revan in a fight.

In short, I think the Empire may be emperor-less. The Dark Council has no incentive to allow someone to rise to the top because it would challenge their current state of hegemony.

It can't really be said. The player characters are off the table. I'd rather be for a fun restructuring which would increas the politlca power of the Moffs and Imperial military in governance perhaps countering the Sith Order themselves.

Admiral Ranken, FTW!

Well thing is, with the way the Sith Operate, as long as he is alive, Marr will basically be defacto Emperor. On his own he is the most powerful (with Malgus gone) and he also controls the Military. As long as he has that power he will keep the other Darth's from going back to their back stabbing ways. I Kean Intelligence used to be considered a separate Darth's authority (Jadus and then his psycho daughter). Marr appointed the head of Sith intelligence when he was already the Darth over the military.

Thing is though he has made it clear he is dying. I do not see any other Darth with the power (both personal and structurally) and respect he holds to step into that void. As soon as he passes I see nothing to stop the Darths from stabbing each other in back in Shakespearean fashion. When the dust settles the person on top will likely declare themselves emperor. About the only thing that would make that NOT happen is if Marr died either coincidentally or as a victim of a plot surrounding say... The Return of Jadus? Then the Darths would most certain not stab each other in the back because they know the difference between Jadus and Vitiate is that Jadus only wants to kill half the Galaxy so the rest lives in fear and despair.

Ghisallo is correct, the Dark Council would be defined as a oligarchy, a legitimate form of rulership over an Empire.That wasn't the point, the point was to give the Wrath purpose in the wake of the Emperor's removal from power.

Heck their have been Empires ruled by Democracy and Republics (Athens, Rome, Great Britain, France, even the US.)

And yeah the idea there was, imo, to not only give him a purpose, but to solidify one of Marr's key tenents, namely that it is not an Emperor one should serve but rather the Empire itself because, as Vitiate showed, an Emperor can actually actively seek the utter destruction of his own Empire if it serves a personal Goal.

Given that the empire will fall appart one day, I don't think there will be a new emperor, but more like an oligarchy of the dark council with Marr as the courtman, but not the omnipotent leader.

Unless Marr dies and there is no existential threat to keep the peace on the council. The only thing stopping the other Darths from going at each other like cats and dogs is Marr's iron fist. He dies and it would be a blood bath on Dromund Kaas.

Edited by Ghisallo