Power shot is not Procing Blazing Bolts/Unload

Xekz

Noticed something today while playing my Commando in Gunnery. Charged bolts would proc Boltstorm/Full Auto. However, on a Mercenary in Arsenal, Power shot was not procing Blazing Bolts/Unload. I tested this on my operations dummy on my ship. I used Charged Bolts 10 times and Boltstorm proced 5 times on my Commando. I used Power shot 10 times and Blazing Bolts did not proc once.

Has anyone else noticed this?

I have video available upon request.

It's incredibly rare for Mercenary to be bugged when Commando is not for the fairly major reason that the imperial side is where all changes are made then copied (with varying degrees of success) to the republic side.

In this case it's the same old story.

Your Mercenary is working correctly. Barrage states it is activated by Tracer Missile only.

The Commando is bugged and still uses the old system which allowed Curtain of Fire to be activated by Grav Round and Charged Bolts.

Benefits of this are very niche. Like wanting to continue shooting a glowing assassin in the face and activating Curtain of Fire by using the ranged attack of Charged Bolts not the tech attack of Grav Round.

why in the nine hells would you use power shot while using arsenal

Benefits of this are very niche. Like wanting to continue shooting a glowing assassin in the face and activating Curtain of Fire by using the ranged attack of Charged Bolts not the tech attack of Grav Round.

Because anti-tech/force shields cause Tracer to hit for "resisted"

Unless you can think of something better to do when a shadow starts glowing it's preferable to use Power Shot rather than spam a definitely 0 damage Tracer.

Merc no longer has that option to use Power Shot to proc Barrage because it's been updated. Commando hasn't so it still can proc Curtain of Fire with Charged Bolts.

Alternatively you can always drop a Sweeping Blasters on yourself for ranged damage while the shadow glows away but that won't proc Barrage and unlock Blazing Bolts.

Edited by Gyronamics

why in the nine hells would you use power shot while using arsenal

In all honesty, I discovered this while playing my Commando while leveling. I saw it proc Grav Round. I thought this was not supposed to happen which is why I ran the test. Prior to this discovery, I did not use power shot at all. However, power shot is good filler while giving the break between tracer missiles to make sure it will proc blazing bolts. So, excuse me for finding a bug.

Because anti-tech/force shields cause Tracer to hit for "resisted"

Unless you can think of something better to do when a shadow starts glowing it's preferable to use Power Shot rather than spam a definitely 0 damage Tracer.

Merc no longer has that option to use Power Shot to proc Barrage because it's been updated. Commando hasn't so it still can proc Curtain of Fire with Charged Bolts.

Alternatively you can always drop a Sweeping Blasters on yourself for ranged damage while the shadow glows away but that won't proc Barrage and unlock Blazing Bolts.

Power Shot > BB > wait for knockback mid BB > BB AGAIN