The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why is Caedus considered OP?

October

I didn't read all of Legacy of the Force series, I think the last one I read was when Jacen met Lumiya, but I constantly see him ranked so high on lists and the like. What makes him so great?

ability to deal with Luke..... who is most powerful Mortal Force User in the Star Wars universe.

ability to deal with Luke..... who is most powerful Mortal Force User in the Star Wars universe.

At no point could he actually deal with Luke without the deck being stacked in his favor. The scene where Luke walked in and just utterly humiliated him by using telekinesis to push him down onto the floor without Jacen being able to resist comes to mind.

He had a long list of esoteric force powers like

-Flow Walking

-Shatterpoint

-Force Deflection

-Teleportation

-Fight Sight

-Nightsister force spells (Blood Trail)

-Force listening

-memory rub

-paralyzing someone with a shock

-hiding his force presence

of which almost none Luke knew prior to his study of Jacen's powers

And those powers everyone else had he'd mastered to a much higher extent like

-Alter environment

-Telekinesis

-Battle Meld

-Mind Trick/Control (he could use it against force users)

etc...

And not only this, but he was perhaps Luke's best student with a saber. From the first time he picked one up he was the best of his class and repeatedly out dueled all his peers, even able to go toe-to-toe with Luke.

And when he died, he wasn't actually defeated he just stopped fighting in order to save his wife and daughter. He was missing at least one limb and still putting his sister on the defensive before he died.

And I'll throw in the fact that he was once One with the force...

But I digress, if you're curious about more, or examples of these feats then the Legacy series of books is a fun read.

At no point could he actually deal with Luke without the deck being stacked in his favor. The scene where Luke walked in and just utterly humiliated him by using telekinesis to push him down onto the floor without Jacen being able to resist comes to mind.

That sounds vaguely familiar but where exactly is that again?

Edited by StarSquirrel

-Flow Walking

-Shatterpoint

-Force Deflection

-Teleportation

-Fight Sight

-Force listening

-memory rub

-Alter environment

-Telekinesis

-Battle Meld

etc...

And not only this, but he was perhaps Luke's best student with a saber. From the first time he picked one up he was the best of his class and repeatedly out dueled all his peers, even able to go toe-to-toe with Luke.

And when he died, he wasn't actually defeated he just stopped fighting in order to save his wife and daughter. He was missing at least one limb and still putting his sister on the defensive before he died.

But I digress, if you're curious about more, or examples of these feats then the Legacy series of books is a fun read.

Are his esoteric powers considered a feat because they were rare and perhaps forgotten, or because they were difficult to learn or outside of the traditional Jedi practice?

Like Flow-walking, I know Luke learned it but shied against it because it was dangerous.

Are his esoteric powers considered a feat because they were rare and perhaps forgotten, or because they were difficult to learn or outside of the traditional Jedi practice?

Like Flow-walking, I know Luke learned it but shied against it because it was dangerous.

All of them are extremely difficult to learn, most required a lot of power (like Shatterpoint), and/or a deep understanding of the force. Jacen had both, Luke learned some of them when retracing Jacen's wanderings during the Fate of the Jedi series but even then he never matched the sheer catalog of abilities Caedus displayed.

Oh yes, then there is his insane tolerance for pain, his ultimate endurance feats, etc... thanks to Verge and the Vong.

This is my recollection as well.

Edited by CaulderBenson

-Flow Walking

-Shatterpoint

-Force Deflection

-Teleportation

-Fight Sight

-Force listening

-memory rub

-Alter environment

-Telekinesis

-Battle Meld

etc...

Oh man, it has been so long since I read that series. Pretty sure it was after Mara was dead, but other then that I'd have to get back to you once I have time to go through the books and look it up.