Since the ingame credit spammers are not going away...

Warhams

Could we have a larger ignore list limit please Bioware? Its always been annoying but recently theres been a resurgence of gold sellers on fleet and starter planets. Using both General chat and /say. I even get mails from random gold sellers advertising straight to my inbox. I'm on the Progenitor server but from what I heard, other EU servers are also suffering.

They don't seem to be banned fast enough or the game moderators (if there are any at all) on EU servers don't care.

Could we have a larger ignore list limit please Bioware? Its always been annoying but recently theres been a resurgence of gold sellers on fleet and starter planets. Using both General chat and /say. I even get mails from random gold sellers advertising straight to my inbox. I'm on the Progenitor server but from what I heard, other EU servers are also suffering.

They don't seem to be banned fast enough or the game moderators (if there are any at all) on EU servers don't care.

It's not just EU, this happens on Harbinger as well, and I'd assume every other server.

Spammers are banned quite often, the thing is the spammers have access to other people's credit cards and accounts so they have a nearly endless supply of new accounts to use.

Even if you could ignore every toon on Account A, in a few days it would be banned and the spammer will activate Account B, followed by Account C...

What doesn't work all that well is putting every spammer toons on ignore... the accounts are throwaways that are gone in a few days to a few weeks, and then you ignore the "fresh" spammer toon that pops up and is banned a few days later, rinse and repeat.

So your ignore list is full of accounts that don't exist any more, not sure how making a bigger list of ignored accounts that don't exist will help.

Spammers are banned quite often, the thing is the spammers have access to other people's credit cards and accounts so they have a nearly endless supply of new accounts to use.

Even if you could ignore every toon on Account A, in a few days it would be banned and the spammer will activate Account B, followed by Account C...

What doesn't work all that well is putting every spammer toons on ignore... the accounts are throwaways that are gone in a few days to a few weeks, and then you ignore the "fresh" spammer toon that pops up and is banned a few days later, rinse and repeat.

So your ignore list is full of accounts that don't exist any more, not sure how making a bigger list of ignored accounts that don't exist will help.

This.

If anything, it'd be nice if Report Spam added the character reported to your Ignore list for x hours. That way we'd get to report the bastard, not having to /ignore the character afterwards and we wouldn't have to manage ignore list later on.

Edited by MFollin

Just do a "rolling ignore." If your list gets too full, delete the first few. Problem solved. Any single name gets thrown away within a day or two. And here's a thought! Minimize the chat window. What good has ever come out of chat anyway? Other than the spammers half the time it is WTS people who don't know how to use the Trade channel. They're as bad as the credit spammers. So what you have in chat is:

1. Buy my credits on gamesreasy.com

2. WTS some lame item over and over and over again

3. LFG for Black Talon (again)

4. Any OPS forming?

5. *** a guild. Edit: "Want To Find" Duh!

6. Our guild is cool. PST for invite.

7. U guys are all noobs, blah blah blah.

8. Gimme 100K cause I'm so lazy.

9. This game is crap.

10. Where're the mod stations?

11. Where're the trainers?

12.. Where're are the snowballs?

Really, it's all crap anyway. Why pick on one special snowflake?

Edited by MSchuyler

Since SoR I've been alt hopping while leveling my toons to 60 and maximizing my crew skills, which means lots of log-ins and log-outs.

Every time I log into one of my characters I spam report/ignore AT LEAST three gold spammers.

Quite honestly, it's become so reflexive I don't even notice it anymore.

I report them every single time, but they never seem to go away.

It's a twisted sort of logic, but you'll generally be hassled less by not reporting them. If they get reported enough, they'll get banned, and then just, as noted, jump on another account and start again. But if you ignore them without reporting them, it'll be longer before they're banned, thus making it longer before you have to ignore another.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.