Gear?

TitusOfTides

I have recently hit level 55, and plan to be 60 very soon. Once I hit 60 I will be hitting the ranked WZs pretty hard, and I have had a few questions I was hoping to get answered before I get too close to the level cap.

1) I have a full set of Adaptive Armor, and was considering purchasing all of my level 60 ranked pvp mods now - since I have no need to purchase anything else with my commendations. Will putting all of these level 60 ranked mods into an adaptive set be all I need to be on par at level 60 in ranked PvP? I have been looking into the matter (most info is from before 3.0) and I have heard mention of Exhumed PvP gear, and other things similar to this - and was really just wondering if you were limited to a few different sets, or if the versatility of adaptive armor would be viable.

2) I was also wondering if you are able to use gear equipped with ranked WZ mods, etc. in WZs that are not ranked.

3) Lastly, is everything you will need for ranked PvP found at the vendors on fleet?

I have recently hit level 55, and plan to be 60 very soon. Once I hit 60 I will be hitting the ranked WZs pretty hard, and I have had a few questions I was hoping to get answered before I get too close to the level cap.

1) I have a full set of Adaptive Armor, and was considering purchasing all of my level 60 ranked pvp mods now - since I have no need to purchase anything else with my commendations. Will putting all of these level 60 ranked mods into an adaptive set be all I need to be on par at level 60 in ranked PvP? I have been looking into the matter (most info is from before 3.0) and I have heard mention of Exhumed PvP gear, and other things similar to this - and was really just wondering if you were limited to a few different sets, or if the versatility of adaptive armor would be viable.

2) I was also wondering if you are able to use gear equipped with ranked WZ mods, etc. in WZs that are not ranked.

3) Lastly, is everything you will need for ranked PvP found at the vendors on fleet?

If you take the mods out of the pvp sets and put them into an adaptive set you'll be just as fine as if you were wearing the pvp sets themselves.

You can wear pvp gear (or modded gear) everywhere - they work very well in world pvp vs pve-geared characters.

And yes, it's all from the vendors at fleet.

Except for augments - get everything augmented. But there are no pvp-specific augments.

If you take the mods out of the pvp sets and put them into an adaptive set you'll be just as fine as if you were wearing the pvp sets themselves.

You can wear pvp gear (or modded gear) everywhere - they work very well in world pvp vs pve-geared characters.

And yes, it's all from the vendors at fleet.

Except for augments - get everything augmented. But there are no pvp-specific augments.

I've never augmented anything before. Would I have to switch to armormech to do this? What would the process of augmenting the gear entail, and what does it accomplish?

Buy MK-10 augment kits and the best/most-applicaple augments for your class/spec off the GTN, one for each gear piece that you have. It's expensive but not nearly as expensive (or time consuming) as leveling up the crafting skills and farming matts and schematics to create the augments for one or two characters. Edited by Savej

Don't do ranked until you have a full set of Exhumed with advanced 36 augments. Everything should be augmented except for maybe earpiece, implants, and relics. Once you have all of that, then you will be ready for ranked. Also, don't forget to use one of the awesome and cheap advanced anodyne stims. They cost about 15K and last for 8 hours. If you start ranked prior to doing these things, you are going to have a bad time. Do regular warzones while you are working on acquiring these things.

1) I have a full set of Adaptive Armor, and was considering purchasing all of my level 60 ranked pvp mods now

You can't do that. You can't purchase the pvp gear until you are 60, which is pretty stupid IMO, but those are the rules. Just use PVE gear in the meantime, but make sure its item rating is below 174, else bolster will really start to nerf your expertise.

Here is what you should do.

1) work on saving as many regular and ranked warzone comms as you can on your way to 60.

2) Get a modifiable orange / purple gear set that you find aesthetically pleasing (from GTN or Cartel Market).

3) At 60, get as many of the exhumed pieces as you can with the comms that you saved on your way to 60.

4) Pull the armorings, mods, enhancements from the Exhumed gear and put them in the modifiable Orange set. It will cost about 10K credits per armor/mod/enhance that you remove, so about 30K credits per piece. Save the Exhumed shells (you will need to trade them in to get the Dark Reaver pieces.

5) Run a bunch of regular warzones and get the full exhumed set.

6) As you can afford it, get augmentation kit mk-10 and advanced <insert specific name here> augment 36 and install them on your orange pieces. Go google how to augment items in swtor for a description of how to do that.

7) Don't augment your Exhumed implants or relics. In fact, don't augment Exhumed anything. Since you have to trade those pieces for the slightly better Dark reaver pieces (ranked set), you don't want to waste augmenting credtis when you tade up.

8) Once you have Exhumed everything, advanced 36 augments on everything except relics, earpiece, and implants, and are using a stim, then and only then are you ready to queue for ranked warzones.

P.S. It will cost about 3 million credits to augment all of your gear.

Edited by teclado

You can't purchase lvl 60 gear until you are lvl 60