Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Ability delay and the wearing thin of patience

Grayseven

Anyone who stays subscribed after Tuesday comes and goes with little to no improvement has no further room to complain. Speak with your wallet, or don't speak at all.

As long as they know they can collect your money regardless of the quality ( or lack thereof ) of their service, things will continue as always.

Incidentally that's the day my sub runs out.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incidentally that's the day my sub runs out.

Yeah, I am hoping (though completely not expecting) the hitching/lag issues to fixed by 3.1. If not, it's simply absurd.

The only rationale I can think of for the ongoing performance problems is the "better than x-server" solution they've hinted at in the past, and perhaps we are all moving to mega-servers sooner than we expect, in which case it's a waste to fix the state of the current ones (at least in EA's eyes).

I don't know much about server tech/coding, so if that doesn't make sense, then I'm just leaving as well. Even with the relative lack of things to do at 60, I still like the game, and the monthly cost isn't much. But it is incredibly frustrating to log in and experience hitching in most playable areas.

Of course, everyone please ready your wallets for a new pack in February!

So... not sure what this is about. But I will pipe in anyway. Every since they implemented the first fix a couple of weeks ago, ability delay has been greatly improved for me. It doesn't occur on my end. Every once in a while I notice a lag spike but this is a far cry from ability delay and it doesn't happen very often.

There is room for more improvement but I think BW has taken steps in the right direction and I'm quite happy with the recent results.

But, But....there's a new crystal.....everybody must stay for new crystal...right? seriously though, with all the crap that is wrong I would hope they would be fixing those things instead of more CM junk...the market is flooded enough and most is just the same thing over and over and over with name changes being the only change.....yes, our patience is thin

Yeah, I am hoping (though completely not expecting) the hitching/lag issues to fixed by 3.1. If not, it's simply absurd.

The only rationale I can think of for the ongoing performance problems is the "better than x-server" solution they've hinted at in the past, and perhaps we are all moving to mega-servers sooner than we expect, in which case it's a waste to fix the state of the current ones (at least in EA's eyes).

I don't know much about server tech/coding, so if that doesn't make sense, then I'm just leaving as well. Even with the relative lack of things to do at 60, I still like the game, and the monthly cost isn't much. But it is incredibly frustrating to log in and experience hitching in most playable areas.

Of course, everyone please ready your wallets for a new pack in February!

Not sure if anyone else saw the messaging, but the other night I was briefly bumped out of game - and when I logged back in, there was messaging describing a move to a better or improved server, or something wacky like that. At the time I was more annoyed I had gotten dumped out of whatever activity I had been in and had to log in again, so I didn't really pay attention to the message - but it did seem to indicate they were going to do server upgrades or move servers. I'm on Harbinger, so I was extra shocked (but still didn't have the sense to screenshot the messaging, lol).

Anyone else see that?

• 6 months later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.