The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Schematics

Vanisher

How about all that old gear like armour and weapons from older cartel packs how about making cartel schematics so crafters can learn all those old armour and maybe even allow biochem to make the old pets. Maybe cyber tech to make the old speeders and even the old vanity droid and starship pets and toys. That would make crafting more viable.

There's no money in that.

At best they could maybe sell such schematics in the cartel market, but in so doing they are basically writing off any and all hope of ever selling anything from those packs again.

Players by themselves are meaningless. The game needs money to survive and so requires that the players spend money.

Are players buying the packs where you are guaranteed one of the old vehicles, pets, or weapons? Did they buy up the old packs when they were re-offered for Christmas?

If so, then that is all the reason why they don't just put those schematics into the game.

If they did put the schematics in the game they are allowing an uncontrolled flow of those lockbox items to enter the game. If they sold the schematics then at least they would be guaranteed one last sale before their income for said item(s) dried up.

I know that they have to give the players a certain amount of content in order to keep them around and interested enough to spend money on other things, but if you start talking about destroying the value of lockboxes then you need to have something to replace that.

How about schematics for augments, mods, armoring and enhancements that you can't get any other way than through OPS on the CM? I'm a completionist, so I have RE'ed every augment through my Vanguard from rating 2 and up to rating 186 all purple (Armormech). Not yet done with Synthweaving throgh my Guardian, but by knowing I can get the schematics that you can't get from drops through missions, and get them from the CM would be a huge relief. Edited by SplashNOR
Added more details and corrections.

How about schematics for augments, mods, armoring and enhancements that you can't get any other way than through OPS on the CM? I'm a completionist, so I have RE'ed every augment through my Vanguard from rating 2 and up to rating 186 all purple (Armormech). Not yet done with Synthweaving throgh my Guardian, but by knowing I can get the schematics that you can't get from drops through missions, and get them from the CM would be a huge relief.

I would be all for some sort of schematic offerings through the cartel market, but I don't think that they would want to include ops only schematics, at least not until the related ops have aged a bit.

I don't think that you want to remove the incentive for people to want to run any ops. If they told the crafters "Hey! You don't have to run <operation> any more if all you want are the schematics! You can buy them directly from the cartel market!" then I would bet that those operations would become harder to find people for.

Maybe not all of them, and maybe at some points during the day you wouldn't be able to tell for others, but rather than having to run some operation, hope for a certain drop, and then hope to learn the schematic through REing, you get to go straight to step four which is "learn the schematic and start crafting".

I imagine that those first three steps keep a lot of people running ops. It's part of the chase.

• 2 weeks later...
I was thinking just some of the old cartel items from when the first had packs there are a lot of packs they have sold and a lot of armour. Not saying all the armour they have but maybe have them try one armour set see how that effects cartel pack sales I would buy packs to try to get schematics to craft.

Maybe even offer in cartel packs schematics of old pvp gear or the older PVE gear that we used to have even if they don't wanna use their cartel armour or make new sets to make. Crafters need more modable gear or speeders to craft.maybe even allow biochem to craft vanity pets. have rare mats that you also have to get in game to make those pets. just throw alittle more than you have currently given them.