The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Jedi/Sith training books?

Hexxim

I tried Google but i feel like my skills are rather limited so i figured i would ask here!

I know there are Star Wars books but i'm looking for ones specifically during the apprenticeship period. I just would like to learn more about the Jedi Master/apprentice as well as the Jedi training and such. Same really goes for the Sith side as well. Are there such books? :confused:

Any help on the matter would be appreciated!

Well, I don't know of any book for Sith that goes into their training, but Book of Sith is pretty good in that regard. The Darth Bane trilogy and Darth Plagueis are good novels that show Sith training as well.

Of course, for Jedi, the book you'd need is The Jedi Path. If you're looking for books showcasing that, there are some like the Jedi Quest series.

If you wanted to learn about the basic fundamentals of the Jedi Order, Jedi vs Sith: An Essential Guide to the Force, goes into details on the pillars, history and code of the Jedi order. It teaches basics about force powers using entries from different Jedi masters and such.

It's also formatted as you'd find it in a holocron.

Its not a novel, more of a guidebook. Doesn't go into the Master/Apprentice relationship but it does teach you what an apprentice would learn etc.

Not sure if that's what you're looking for.

Play kotor 2 , be dark side and listen to all Kreia has to say.Then read the Bane and the Plagueis books.

The Bane books are probably the closest interaction you will get to sith training in detail, even if it's narrowed down only to the methods of the Brotherhood of Darkness and later of Bane.

Also there are some paragraphs regarding this in the Book of Sith.

Edited by Kaedusz

Morning folks!

Just figured id give an update. I ordered (Star Wars: The Jedi Path and Book of Sith Deluxe Box Set Hardcover) & (Bounty Hunter Code: From The Files of Boba Fett (Star Wars) Hardcover). It's supposed to arrive on Monday!

Thank you again for your help and suggestions! :D