Crippling Throw Replacement

Ronthuz

Since we are probably not ever getting this ability back can we have some kind of replacement that would help give us some more mobility? Currently it feels like we are the least mobile melee class when I compare to my Shadow, Scoundrel, and Powertech. My idea for a replacement ability is as follows.

Sweeping Dash

3 focus

20 sec cool down

Sent/Mara dashes forward 12 meters and strikes all enemies in the path with sweeping/cyclone slash. Removes movement impairing effects when activated.

Of course its just a dream, but its fun to think about :)

Since we are probably not ever getting this ability back can we have some kind of replacement that would help give us some more mobility? Currently it feels like we are the least mobile melee class when I compare to my Shadow, Scoundrel, and Powertech. My idea for a replacement ability is as follows.

Sweeping Dash

3 focus

20 sec cool down

Sent/Mara dashes forward 12 meters and strikes all enemies in the path with sweeping/cyclone slash. Removes movement impairing effects when activated.

Of course its just a dream, but its fun to think about :)

The dev's comments on the topic actually makes me think they are open to the idea of giving it back again. I'd rather see it come back, have the same function as the current leg slash but with a 10m range and an 8 second cooldown. The heroic utility would add a 3 second root to the ability. Done and done.

The dev's comments on the topic actually makes me think they are open to the idea of giving it back again. I'd rather see it come back, have the same function as the current leg slash but with a 10m range and an 8 second cooldown. The heroic utility would add a 3 second root to the ability. Done and done.

We definitely need some version of it back. However, I personally would rather get more mobility, it almost seemed like the pre 3.0 crippling throw root lost must of its effectiveness with all of the other movement freeing effects other classes have gotten.

We definitely need some version of it back. However, I personally would rather get more mobility, it almost seemed like the pre 3.0 crippling throw root lost must of its effectiveness with all of the other movement freeing effects other classes have gotten.

They really need to consider nerfing some of the CC access that sage/sorc's get through there utilities and this alone would greatly increase sent/mara mobility. I also think that something like root/snare immunity during predation for the sent/mara only could be considered. They could also consider a masterful utility that gave root/snare immunity during saber ward.

I have always said that since the Marauder is a pure offensive class we should get a second closer.

While nice, since most ranged classes have access to more stuns/knockbacks/roots than if you could fill an action bar with breaks/closers, I would rather see a mid-tier utility that grants cc immunity to cloak of pain

That and hitting harder than ranged classes, because....30m attacks

Edited by Moosestick

• 8 months later...