Reverse Bolster for Operations and FPs

TerrorTigr

There's a Bolster system in the game that boosts low-level, ill-equipped players up to a certain baseline so they can participate in content that would otherwise be nearly impossible for them to enjoy.

What I'd like to see is an optional system where high-level, well-equipped players are scaled DOWN when participating in lower level content.

The thought occurred to me while running a level 50 Operation with a full group of 60s. We all wanted to do the fights with strategies, etc., but the boss abilities didn't hit, a tank swap was never needed and they were dead before we even got to anything interesting. We breezed through it where we'd have enjoyed it more if we could have had a challenge.

We run the old OPs a lot, just so we have something fun to do together, and farm some comms as we're at it.

I'm pretty sure you could take the existing Bolster system and make it see when a player is too high-level for a place, has gear that's too good, and just scale him/her down instead of up. Then you can open ALL OPs and ALL FPs up in GF, allowing us high-levels to make it easier for low-levels to find groups for FPs, etc.

You don't even have to revamp the rewards. So many people run FPs just for comms, so keep the drops the same. People who are 60 and want level 60 gear to drop will run the 60 HMs exclusively. Everybody who's at the point where they're full 186 and just wants to farm comms/dailies/whatever can run whatever FPs they want.