Match making sucks in GSF

spawnlod

Most of the time i end up being on the side with all new ships matched against a veteran side of maxed out ships. How is this fun for either side? The no upgrade side just keeps getting crushed while the maxed out side could barely put out an effort to kill all the newbs... Why not get rid of upgrades all together and make all ships and there equals the same across the board.

Most of the time i end up being on the side with all new ships matched against a veteran side of maxed out ships. How is this fun for either side?

You should play more and you'll see more games. The matchmaker doesn't have an infinite amount of people to matchmake from, so until there is cross server there will simply be some games made poorly and others well.

The no upgrade side just keeps getting crushed while the maxed out side could barely put out an effort to kill all the newbs...

It's not about upgrades, it's about skill and experience. The upgrades make a pretty marginal difference. Feel free to disagree once you have mastered all the ships.

Why not get rid of upgrades all together and make all ships and there equals the same across the board.

This would ruin a lot of the game. If you'll check this topic with some kind of "guggle" that the kids keep talking about, you can probably find this same thread repeated and answered. You'll also see exactly which upgrades we would like to see made baseline to help with this, but honestly, if you aren't pulling 30k-60k in your stock ship each game, your skill is not really at the level to discuss upgrades or understand them.

Here's a great thread on performing in a stock ship:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=755330

So you can see it isn't about upgrades.

And yes, I'm sick of this thread too.

I have an X-55, but I haven't picked up ED yet. I heard it was very persistent world / exploration, and I want nonstop murderface. Is it good?

So far, for me, it is a bit lacking in the combat scenarios, but I haven't even clocked over 1 day's worth of play yet, so I'm not really one to ask about that portion of the game.

I have an X-55, but I haven't picked up ED yet. I heard it was very persistent world / exploration, and I want nonstop murderface. Is it good?

You could be a bounty hunter. I'm seeing civil wars break out too, so combs missions are never lacking. I prefer the feel of Arena Commander 1.0 versus ED for combat though, besides AC being a prealpha module for Star Citizen.

Camel, you haven't been on Elite at the same time - ehat time zone are you in?

You should play more and you'll see more games. The matchmaker doesn't have an infinite amount of people to matchmake from, so until there is cross server there will simply be some games made poorly and others well.

It's not about upgrades, it's about skill and experience. The upgrades make a pretty marginal difference. Feel free to disagree once you have mastered all the ships.

This would ruin a lot of the game. If you'll check this topic with some kind of "guggle" that the kids keep talking about, you can probably find this same thread repeated and answered. You'll also see exactly which upgrades we would like to see made baseline to help with this, but honestly, if you aren't pulling 30k-60k in your stock ship each game, your skill is not really at the level to discuss upgrades or understand them.

Here's a great thread on performing in a stock ship:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=755330

So you can see it isn't about upgrades.

And yes, I'm sick of this thread too.

Well then GSF is doomed to fail and only be supported by the handful of Aces across the servers. Because all this "its not the upgrades its the player" will not attract more pilots. There needs to be a newb arena and a Ace arena. So all you elitists go ahead and keep queing each other, because soon those people will get board and quit and then GSF will truly be dead.

On a serious note, matchmaking has been working better than it did before, the truth is that people who top score boards tend to talk to each other more and become friends more and that results in them queueing together. It's a phenomenon that happens in all games and it's really hard to account for.

You could be a bounty hunter. I'm seeing civil wars break out too, so combs missions are never lacking. I prefer the feel of Arena Commander 1.0 versus ED for combat though, besides AC being a prealpha module for Star Citizen.

Camel, you haven't been on Elite at the same time - ehat time zone are you in?

I haven't actually logged on in a bit. I'm an east coaster. I'll probably play tomorrow, try out my new joystick