The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Hk- 51 Companion

ninjanatesause

Not necessarily.

Thus the word "arguably."

:rolleyes:

HK also has a self-heal you forgot to mention. Not to mention his ability to use Cunning and/or Aim as a main stat. When making an apples-to-slightly-different-apples comparison, you have to take everything into account.

So yes, HK is arguably the best DPS companion.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Aside from the quotes, I've always been disappointed with HK as a comp... Especially in low levels...

Give him the cheapest green rifle and rip all his other gear out and he just ploughs through low-level content. You don't even have to do anything yourself. He will kill everything on his own.

You must have a faulty HK. Is he still under warranty?

My HK in full CZ gear seems to die fast and not kill fast. I shelved him and havent used again due to my disapointment with him after the quest.

Treek while intensely annoying, is THE BEST companion. By a mile. Tanks and DPSs in Heal mode, and the heals cleanse you and she has better AI seemingly than other companions. Comes with 2 sets of fully moddable gear. Is usable at any lvl. And spews random horrible gibberish better than any NPC in game. Not to mention the total immersion destruction by having an ewok in the game at all, much less the companion to an imperial. But still, Best Companion In Game = Treek, no discussion.

HK. I guess ill check him out a bit more, but never had a use, he is novelty.

I Have a Jedi consular shadow tank. I think that fits well with the HK 51 sniper droid. Any thoughts on the matter. Is hk the best companion? What are your thoughts. OR is he worthless?. I will test him out a bit just wondering what: my peers think on this matter. :rak_02:

thanks

HK is terrible for melee, you have to chase the mobs that chase him. Use a melee DPS companion for a melee char.

HK is just annoying to gear. But if you have a maxed cybertec and you don't mind spending a little time and crafting mats you can get purple parts for all his slots that aren't too bad. And all the RE'ing to get them will get you mk-10 pieces to makes augment kits with so that's a plus.

He's nice to have on a healer or tank character if you like playing either spec for things like dailies and such.

That perk is not as great as some of you claim. The endgame droid parts are not customizable. It doesn't matter when you reach the highest level.

HK's ability to use Cunning and Aim is a pretty nice perk. Not sure who claimed it was "great."

Your second sentence is sentence totally irrelevant to the issue. End game droid armor would at this point would be BH/Trooper and/or Agent/Smuggler mods in droid shells. Your third sentence is completely irrelevant to any issue as it makes no sense in any context whatsoever.

My HK in full CZ gear seems to die fast and not kill fast. I shelved him and havent used again due to my disapointment with him after the quest.

Then you are doing something wrong.

Edited by branmakmuffin

This is going to be fun :rak_01:

Your second sentence is sentence totally irrelevant to the issue. End game droid armor would at this point would be BH/Trooper and/or Agent/Smuggler mods in droid shells.

As someone else said in this thread, the new droid parts are significally better than 186s player's mods, so your claim is irrelevant.

Your third sentence is completely irrelevant to any issue as it makes no sense in any context whatsoever.

The sentence makes sense. The perk is only relevant while leveling up. At the level cap people take the droid parts which only have Aim stat. Tip: the pronoun "it" refers to the perk.

Edited by PavSalco

This is going to be fun :rak_01:

As someone else said in this thread, the new droid parts are significally better than 186s player's mods, so your claim is irrelevant.

The sentence makes sense. The perk is only relevant while leveling up. At the level cap people take the droid parts which only have Aim stat. Tip: the pronoun "it" refers to the perk.

If you like HK, then use him, and let others do what they want.

We won't laugh at you for using him :D

If you like HK, then use him, and let others do what they want.

We won't laugh at you for using him :D

Yeah, it's always a matter of personal preference. I don't deny that. I also like to use HK from time to time, but when it comes to perks and the overall performance we should be objective.

186 crafted armoring +, assuming one's goal is to outfit HK in the best possible way, 198 ( I presume they are 198) mods and enhancements from armor pieces from the ultimate vendor. I seriously doubt the monolithic droid parts are better than that.

The sentence makes sense. The perk is only relevant while leveling up. At the level cap people take the droid parts which only have Aim stat.

We're talking about HK, so we are not limited to Aim. Again, your assertion is pointless. Perhaps if you stick to the topic of "HK-51," rather than unilaterally expanding it to "droid companions in general" to suit you whimsy, you will have greater success with your communication efforts.

Edited by branmakmuffin

As a founder, my 'presence' stat is pretty solid. One of the best things about HK is being able to use him at level 1. You can't do that with any other companion. With high presence, I've found HK will finish the starter planet pretty much without any help from me.

With the high presence, he has WAYYYY more health than me until late 30's which makes him tank by proxy who also happens to pawn face.

I've never run the numbers to compare him to other dps companions so I'm not sure how he stacks up number wise. But....he does call me 'Master' everytime I summon him. That's good enough for me!