Allow vendoring of cartel items

Nondi

Allowing the vendoring of cartel items seems to me to be a win for both customers and Bioware.

Consumer issues include:

> Inability to buy more packs due to inability to sell items. More and more new packs, and the reissuing of old packs, has for at least some of us created inventory management issues as I can't open more packs until I unload the stuff I have and it is difficult to sell items in a market which in many areas is, and often grossly, oversupplied. I have seen "rare" items being sold for 7cr (Akaavi Customization 9) and have myself sold numerous "rare" items for 50cr (eg paint jobs).

> It's fun opening packs but it's not fun re-re-re-re-re-reposting things, and I'm referring to posting things at 5k and less (eg bracers, belts, cybernetic armor), not hanging out for a huge price, and it's also demoralizing to destroy items.

Ability to vendor unpopular items addresses the above issues for customers and should result in more pack sales for Bioware as I suspect I am not the only person who has hit a packing opening wall - I simply can't open more until I unload what I have and it is so so so slow. Ability to vendor is also likely to result in somewhat increased prices for those who choose to sell rather than vendor the unpopular items, and that in turn makes purchasing packs more attractive as why buy a pack when you can get the items you want for far less?

I understand why apparell/cosmetic items are blocked, they can be unlocked via collections then reclaimed at will. They don't want someone claiming 500 lightsabers and selling them to a vendor.

But the xp boosts however, good god let bme sell them to a vendor, they arent a collection item, and I'll never sell 147 minor exploration boosts on the GTN...

• 3 weeks later...
I understand why apparell/cosmetic items are blocked, they can be unlocked via collections then reclaimed at will. They don't want someone claiming 500 lightsabers and selling them to a vendor..

I had forgotten about reclaiming items from collections when posting, and this is quite probably the reason we can't vendor them. If they were to mark collection items nonsellable, or simply limit the vendorable items to unbound ones it could work without create this problem and by by to 50cr weapons, space mission xp boosts and tens of unpopular armor items.

Oh please, if you're trying to sell cartel items for 7 credits you're way better off just giving them away. Go to a starter planet and treat some newbies to some fresh gear.

I would not be doing a newbie a favour by doing this. There are no mods below lvl 11 (save for the occasional rare dropped lvl 9 one) so the gear could not be used, it has no resale value (an assault cannon at 5cr passed in!) and f2p can't buy bag space with credits and I would simply junk up their inventory with unsellable garbage.

This issue for those of us who regularly open hypercrates is of a scale that this suggestion couldn't address even were the items beneficial for new players as it isn't 10 or 20 items to dispose of, it's thousands. I have 9 hypercrates in my vault I have no room to open and it's either destroy them or join the others trying to unload the glut for next to nix on the gtn.

I would not be doing a newbie a favour by doing this. There are no mods below lvl 11 (save for the occasional rare dropped lvl 9 one) so the gear could not be used, it has no resale value (an assault cannon at 5cr passed in!) and f2p can't buy bag space with credits and I would simply junk up their inventory with unsellable garbage.

Actually, on the BH I most recently rolled I used a full set of CM armor + weapon with no mods in them at all for the starter planet, just so I'd have the look I wanted (I've been doing a visual progression with his gear for each chapter), and had no problem with just relying on the shells' innate stats.

Edited by DarthDymond

There is another post in the forums about a Sarlacc trash can and it was suggested feeding it useless items and get a chance for mats or whatever but being able to feed it cartel items and the chance to get a cartel coin back so maybe this would be a good idea

Is love to be able to vendor items too. There are a lot of items that are just worthless on the GTN and it would be nice to get something for them, even if it's just a few hundred credits.

Being able to break them down to the mats that you can sell would also be nice.

Edited by Drehzen