The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dread Master Helmet and Brontes Wings

AlCiao

The Crest of the Dread Master and the Wings of the Architect are too very cool drops from Nightmare Mode ops. I would love to see Cartel Market versions that can be bought. Not quite the same, not named the same, look slightly different - it needs to be clear which version are those that people have earned through NiM ops, and which version are the ones people bought. But still, I would love to have these available for purchase, please!

No. Never. Negative. Niet.

They are unique and should absolutely stay that way. The crest is the only legendary item in the game - having something you can purchase off of the Money Suck, even though a different design, would make it less valuable. The same goes for the wings. I wouldn't mind if they did more "jet pack" type mounts - but the new one(s) would have to be completely unique and not resemble anything similar to the style of the Dread Masters' gear.

No. Never. Negative. Niet.

They are unique and should absolutely stay that way. The crest is the only legendary item in the game - having something you can purchase off of the Money Suck, even though a different design, would make it less valuable. The same goes for the wings. I wouldn't mind if they did more "jet pack" type mounts - but the new one(s) would have to be completely unique and not resemble anything similar to the style of the Dread Masters' gear.

* bows in reverence *

• 2 weeks later...
While I agree the original Crest has no business in the Cartel Market, I would like to see the variations. There's more than one Dread Master after all and they aren't exactly identical masks. I'm pretty sick of seeing all those look alike Crest wearers running around fleet. Why not put one of the different masks on the CM that way we can at least have some variety of Dread Master look alikes?

I say, if you pay an obscene amount of CC, you should be allowed to obtain certain special rare/legendary item. Like the Special Holiday mount in the recent event (2200CC). But, for like, say, 7500CC (120day Sub Access Equivelant) you can get one of those specialty rare/legenday items. Just a thought, don't bash me for it. DOES NOT HAVE TO THE BRONTES WINGS OR DREAD MASTER HELM Once, again. Just an idea.

Other Legendary items include Baron Deathmark's Helmet (Season 2 PVP) and the barrels from the original bowcasters( from that terrible, terrible Chevin event)

The Baron helmet is not classified as a legendary item though, it's just an artifact. (?)

The Baron helmet is not classified as a legendary item though, it's just an artifact. (?)

It was legendary on the PTS, but then they scaled it down to Artifact when too many PvPers were complaining why they'd need a legendary item when there are no repair costs in PvP.

Edited by Jerba

Other Legendary items include Baron Deathmark's Helmet (Season 2 PVP) and the barrels from the original bowcasters( from that terrible, terrible Chevin event)

The barrels of the bowcasters are legendary items? Argh. I'm very sure I replaced them with level 55 barrels longtime ago. My OCD gives me a strong headache now. Wait, maybe I have one unused bowcaster in my storage (here's hoping)... ;)

(Also, the Chevin event was quite nice imho.)

EDIT: Thank Goddess, both bowcasters still have the legendary barrels in them. OCD is satisfied.

Edited by JattaGin

3 or so weeks ago the speeder from the Chevin event just dropped as loot on Makeb, what a surprise !

I had never seen it before except for a short time on the fleet !

You want it so bad... go kill those bosses.

There imho SHOULD be the DIRECT OPPOSITE as well : Getting an special item for getting DEFEATED for let's say 50 times in an OP IN STORY MODE !

For PvP there's an Legacy Achievement : getting defeated 20 ? times IN A ROW in a SINGLE PvP match !

Alas, people get beaten for having lost. "Those who have will be given even more, and those who don't have will be taken from", aka the "Matthew Effect" ...

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

Phew. Luckily the devs don't share your flawed logic.

Agreed. :rolleyes:

I too think that one of the variations of their masks (like Raptus' or Bestia's) on the CM would be more then nice.

No, it wouldn't.

Some stuff should remain exclusive and require people to, you know, play the actual freakin' game. Hard concept to swallow to some people, but there's that. ;)

Edited by Darth_Wicked