The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advice Needed On Gearing up my Pyrotech Powertech [PVE]

Mannam

Hi All,

Pyrotech [186]

I have read Dulfy's 3.0 guide, and I have got the 750+ accuracy rating using Enhancements and one Augment. I just need the 186 Agile Mods and relics. The gearing advice I need is on what rating to aim for on Alacrity and Surge? Dulfy says a 50/50 split. What Earpieces and Implants to get?

And what augments are BiS at the moment. Is it Overkill or Mainstat?

Unfortunately AskMrRobot has not updated their gear builder for 3.0. So I cannot play around with gearing on that site.

Any help is appreciated.

Hi All,

Pyrotech [186]

I have read Dulfy's 3.0 guide, and I have got the 750+ accuracy rating using Enhancements and one Augment. I just need the 186 Agile Mods and relics. The gearing advice I need is on what rating to aim for on Alacrity and Surge? Dulfy says a 50/50 split. What Earpieces and Implants to get?

And what augments are BiS at the moment. Is it Overkill or Mainstat?

Unfortunately AskMrRobot has not updated their gear builder for 3.0. So I cannot play around with gearing on that site.

Any help is appreciated.

The difference between Overkill and Mainstat is 7dps in top level gear, so make your choice from that. If you're only going to play Pyro, then Overkill will probably be better, as Crit has minimal effects for that spec (lots of auto-crits + access to explosive fuel devalue it), and so you dont want any crit in your gear till Token 198 gear.

As for alacrity/Surge, get 2 surge enhancements + 1 accuracy enhancement. For Earpiece/Implants, get yourself 2 crafted Accuracy/Power implants and a crafted Accuracy/Power earpiece, though when you move on to token gear you will need 2 accuracy enhancements to make up for the fact there is no accuracy/power implants from tokens for Troopers in 3.0 (/flips table), so just grab some Power/Surge implants with them.

Oh and as stated in the guide, the enhancements you want do not come in the gear. These are:

Advanced Initiative Enhancement 36 (Accuracy/Power)

Advanced Adept Enhancement 36 (Power/Surge)

Advanced Quick Savant Enhancement 36 (Power/Alacrity)

You'll have to craft them though, and right now they cost upwards of 150k each D:

Thank you for the reply. Here is a breakdown of the my current gear at the moment. I am thinking of when I get suitable, earpieces and implants. To augment those to make up the Surge to about 300, due to diminishing returns. Alacrity to around the same figure. Then augment the remaining gear with Overkill.

Accuracy 100.08%/110.08% (766 Rating)

Bonus Damage 1610.4

Crit Rating 19.78%/20.16% (43 Rating)

Crit Multiplier 63.23% (204 Rating)

Alacrity 1.35% (102 Rating)

Earpiece

Vehemance Frasium Supercharged Rejuvenation Relay MK-1

Implants

Yavin Boltblasters Mk-1 x2

Relics

Ruusan Relic of Serendipitous Assault

Ruusan Relic of Focused Retribution