Battle game almost instantly lost

Achtungfeuer

Hello,

Today, I experienced a strange thing :

I tagged for a battlegame, and 1 minute and a half after the beginning, before we could even reach the points to tag, the game was over and we lost. Nobody had done any damage, nobody had touched no point.

In the chat, we were all extremely surprised.

Has anybody experienced this ?

Yeah that happens once in a great while. Generally it's when not enough people enter the game on either side, a WZ-shutdown timer starts unless more people enter. But this also happens even when both sides are full and no timer, WZ just ends. It doesn't happen very often though (I'd take the under on +/-10 if I were betting on how many times it's happened to me in 3 years). Probably why there aren't (m)any discussions about it. Edited by Ridickilis

Thank you for your answers,

It really was the beginning of the game, no damage had been dealt. I wonder in this case why a team is declared winner and the other loser, since there is no battle.

I can't remember if there was any reward at the end.

That's quite annoying, it makes people think about cheating.

Thank you for your answers,

It really was the beginning of the game, no damage had been dealt. I wonder in this case why a team is declared winner and the other loser, since there is no battle.

In the event that not enough players can be found to start a match, both teams are declared loser. There is no winner.

Imo it would make more sense to declare a draw, and that would probably prevent these threads appearing every so often, but it seems there is no such thing in Bioware's dictionary.