The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Easter Egg: The secret of Laiurea Crafyt

TriVenom

So here I am, being a normal person and having a normal day.

Then I notice this Crafting Trainer, the Treasure Hunting one on Rishi.

Frontal View

and

Back View

I felt like this was a nod to Lara Croft, from the Tomb Raider series.

Now before you go off saying "She doesnt even have her dual pistols", well, that much may be true but no one ever said that Lara only used pistols- She has a variety of weapons, according to Google Images.

So given that she uses a bow and arrow as well, and given that swtor's closest thing to that is a bowcaster, I think we can conclude that this can be considered a nod to the Tomb Raider games.

Image of Lara:

Lara from Tomb Raider

Edited by TriVenom

So here I am, being a normal person and having a normal day.

Then I notice this Crafting Trainer, the Treasure Hunting one on Rishi.

Frontal View

and

Back View

I felt like this was a nod to Lara Croft, from the Tomb Raider series.

Now before you go off saying "She doesnt even have her dual pistols", well, that much may be true but no one ever said that Lara only used pistols- She has a variety of weapons, according to Google Images.

So given that she uses a bow and arrow as well, and given that swtor's closest thing to that is a bowcaster, I think we can conclude that this can be considered a nod to the Tomb Raider games.

Image of Lara:

Lara from Tomb Raider

I figured everyone knew that was supposed to be Lara Croft....

I find this disturbing. I remember some old dev claims that there will never be any non Star Wars Easter egg, because they weren't planning to, and regardless, Lucas Arts would not allow them to.

Yet here they are.... the devs just made a serious mistake

I'm genuinely not sure if this is serious or trolling... Do you think you're letting everyone know this for the first time???

If trolling, 10/10 m8, gr8 b8...

Geeze relax pal. As a matter of fact I've been to that area many times, but only have a couple toons with TH and have never noticed the name. So yes, this is the first time realizing this. Anyone else like me who doesn't generally sink much time into acknowledging npc names that are otherwise seemingly random and meaningless would also be seeing this easter egg for the first time as well.

Anyone else like me who doesn't generally sink much time into acknowledging npc names that are otherwise seemingly random and meaningless would also be seeing this easter egg for the first time as well.

I've got another one for you then... Lana Beniko is an anagram for Anal Kenobi...

*mind blown*

I find this disturbing. I remember some old dev claims that there will never be any non Star Wars Easter egg, because they weren't planning to, and regardless, Lucas Arts would not allow them to.

Oh? Guess they forgot about the Doctor Who references you stumble over on just about every planet.

It does seem like there are quite a few out-of-star-wars easter eggs and references, do you think you could source this information? Just for curiosity sake. I happen to like the out of SW easter eggs though, it gives the game a bit of culture.

Oh? Guess they forgot about the Doctor Who references you stumble over on just about every planet.

What? Where?!

And also to the OP... it's clearly Lara Croft. Whether you saw it for the first time after being there multiple times or not... it's totally her. The name, the title, the outfit.

What? Where?!

And also to the OP... it's clearly Lara Croft. Whether you saw it for the first time after being there multiple times or not... it's totally her. The name, the title, the outfit.

Hmm I suppose that much is true, but it is so easily overlooked I figured I should make a thread to bring this to some more attention. Plus im sure there is SOMEONE who didnt notice it.

In the caves full of Jedi ruins on Alderaan, where Pub characters have a quest to kill a bunch of Sith and Imperial archaeologists trying to conduct some ritual, there's a named champion mob. They changed his name, but he used to be Lord Aral T'forc.

No, he didn't look anything like Lara Croft.

It does seem like there are quite a few out-of-star-wars easter eggs and references, do you think you could source this information? Just for curiosity sake. I happen to like the out of SW easter eggs though, it gives the game a bit of culture.

Oh, you know, it was some very old remembrances, from before launch, the time when people would get their info from Darth Hater and such...

I'll try to find a trace of such claim, but no guarantee.

This was correct when the game was in development and early after launch. The then-current devs said they wouldn't be running any Halloween or Christmas type events like WOW does because the lore doesn't support such things (Which is a lie, Life day, for example exists).

Then all those devs 'left' and Disney took over. Disney doesn't care what's used, as they've left/licensed everything involving TOR to EA/Bioware. I fully expect to see more and more easter eggs. I mean, just look at a lot of the achievement titles. They're mostly references, with a word changed to fit the achievement.