The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is accuracy for tactics in pvp really worth it?

vailingfob

This is highly debatable. Since surge, accuracy and alacrity compete on same budget, surge will unquestionably take priority in PvP. Where to go from there is subjective. IMO 95% accuracy is too much. I could live with 92-93%, which is 1-2 enhancements, but again is alacrity better? Not sure.

I've been wondering since the launch of 3.0 how much accuracy i should go with as a vanguard tactics. Some say 95% others say non and i'm still unsure. Keep in mind high impact bolt/rail shot is 25% of your dps.

With the new stat budgets for PvP it would be incredibly foolish to stack too much of it into surge. You get 71% surge by getting 430 surge rating (+1 companion buff) - that same budget allows for you to get get the 4% accuraccy you need (+1 companion) in order to reach 95%.

Obviously you'll want to do that, 95% is minimum - where you go after you get 71% surge and 95% accuracy is up to you, but there's definitely room for it. (The left side + two pieces means 430 surge, you then have another 430 stat available in your other pieces excluding augments)

Edited by AdamLKvist