The Z saber

Obviousenuendo

just some venting/discussion I want let out because why not.

The z saber is zero's main from mmx2 onward. in mmx sigma had a generic lightsaber gimmick but that's all it was.

in 2 and 3 the saber was more of a beam that shot out, but given style of the game and technology at the time, it can be forgiven. x4 and x5 they nailed it, the

(most important thing) the motion of the blade and everything was perfect. like, I would load up either and just listen slash around that how good it is.

I didn't like the fact that in x4 you involuntary had to make it pink/purple due to an 'upgrade' from a boss, because it looks better green, but what ever...

The cool thing was is that it wasn't a solid stationary blade it was fluid and the way he used it was activating it only when slashing. The blade can also be extended very far or fired off (see genmurei zero)

to me, it's just infinitely better than a lightsaber and if I was smart enough to properly extract and input the right sound files in I'd make it the sound of my saber in this game.

Then X6 comes along and.. X has zero's saber because he 'died'. The saber sounds and preforms exactly like it did before, but upon getting zero, he has a different blade it's more solid (not completely) and that perfect unique sound is gone. x7, the blade is always out which im ok with, the shielding move is awesome, in fact I liked zero the most in that game, but the problem was is the way the saber sound was changed, the change that lasted in x8 and command missions. it sounded more a like.."kersshhhhik!" instead of the linked video. that and the blade really just became another generic lightsaber.

and megaman zero, yeah, it's not even close not in look or sound, even though it suppose to be the same physical thing (but it was for Gameboy so I'll cut it some slack on that)

I really am just a sound effect whore, and since im on the topic of it sort of, why is it that in star wars epis. 2 when jango duels obi-wan his blasters have a common generic sound, and then later, that same movie, they sound extremely cooler on genosis? the scene where he dies (I am still patiently waiting for a blaster pistol to with that sound in this game)

Edited by Obviousenuendo