Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Sage/Sorcerer - Disciplines

TitusOfTides

I have been looking around for quite some time, but can't find much info on this - all of the information seems to be from before the discipline system update.

What are the best choices for PvP with these classes? I usually use telekinesis and lightning, and have no problem running through PvE content - whereas with Balance I seem to do OK, but the NPC encounters are slower and closer.

In PVP, I can't tell much of a difference. My damage numbers are a bit higher with balance and madness, but it doesn't seem like it.

Before, mobility was a big issue for TK and lightning. Now that we can cast our heavy hitters while moving, and have the rest of the utility options available has this changed? What utility options seem to work well? I have been experimenting with Pain Bearer and Noble Sacrifice, and seem to regain a very substantial amount of health - but still lack a lot of survivability, cc, and damage.

Edited by TitusOfTides

I have been looking around for quite some time, but can't find much info on this - all of the information seems to be from before the discipline system update.

What are the best choices for PvP with these classes? I usually use telekinesis and lightning, and have no problem running through PvE content - whereas with Balance I seem to do OK, but the NPC encounters are slower and closer.

In PVP, I can't tell much of a difference. My damage numbers are a bit higher with balance and madness, but it doesn't seem like it.

Before, mobility was a big issue for TK and lightning. Now that we can cast our heavy hitters while moving, and have the rest of the utility options available has this changed? What utility options seem to work well? I have been experimenting with Pain Bearer and Noble Sacrifice, and seem to regain a very substantial amount of health - but still lack a lot of survivability, cc, and damage.

For Tk I would spec into:

Tier 1 Increased damage on project, 3% damage reduction, and the increased damage on Force Quake (for solo arena take damage reduction, project proc, and reduced cd on stun or damage reduction after stun ends).

Tier 2: Root break on force speed and either bubble mezz or 15% reduced dot damage

Tier 3: Cast while moving and bubble/barrier heal (for solo arena take damage reduction while stunned and bubble/barrier heal).

For Tk I would spec into:

Tier 1 Increased damage on project, 3% damage reduction, and the increased damage on Force Quake (for solo arena take damage reduction, project proc, and reduced cd on stun or damage reduction after stun ends).

Tier 2: Root break on force speed and either bubble mezz or 15% reduced dot damage

Tier 3: Cast while moving and bubble/barrier heal (for solo arena take damage reduction while stunned and bubble/barrier heal).

I'll switch to that right now. Purchasing the field respec as allowed me to be much more indecisive lately.

Two questions this made me remember: Is the Project bonus more than 5% of the time? It seems like it happens closer to 50% instead of 5%. Secondly, is the 3% damage reduction boost noticeable? 3% just doesn't seem like much on paper.

Edited by TitusOfTides

Depends on what you are doing honestly.

If you are talking about playing casual **** games that on one cares about like regs or soloQ baddie raffle then it would usually be as follows for TK:

T1: Tempting Mastery, Sap strength, either Sith defiance or chain shock (both are garbage doesn't really matter which one) or you could take the lower cd for your force stun (Oppressing Force [probably the best]).

T2: Emersion is obviously needed, then you could either take knockback root or bubble stun, preference. I usually take knockback root instead because I probably have dots on target

T3: For TK force mobility is good, then you would probably want to take Corrupted Barrier because is retardedly broken as you can heal-to-full from 10% to 100%.

For 4s you would take other utilities but I doubt you would step up to the challenge, so just remain in regs/soloQ as I assume you would.

Edited by BloodDevistaor

Depends on what you are doing honestly.

If you are talking about playing casual **** games that on one cares about like regs or soloQ baddie raffle then it would usually be as follows for TK:

T1: Tempting Mastery, Sap strength, either Sith defiance or chain shock (both are garbage doesn't really matter which one) or you could take the lower cd for your force stun (Oppressing Force [probably the best]).

T2: Emersion is obviously needed, then you could either take knockback root or bubble stun, preference. I usually take knockback root instead because I probably have dots on target

T3: For TK force mobility is good, then you would probably want to take Corrupted Barrier because is retardedly broken as you can heal-to-full from 10% to 100%.

For 4s you would take other utilities but I doubt you would step up to the challenge, so just remain in regs/soloQ as I assume you would.

Once I hit 60 (48 atm) I am planning on hitting ranked WZs, and I'm hoping my success from unranked translates over well. (My theory is that since the main problem atm is poor pub side teamwork, once I hit ranked I won't be "all on my own," so to say). So in short, I'd be very interested in what those other options would be for a more serious matchup.

Edit: Would you take the same ones with Balance?

Edited by TitusOfTides

Once I hit 60 (48 atm) I am planning on hitting ranked WZs, and I'm hoping my success from unranked translates over well. (My theory is that since the main problem atm is poor pub side teamwork, once I hit ranked I won't be "all on my own," so to say). So in short, I'd be very interested in what those other options would be for a more serious matchup.

Edit: Would you take the same ones with Balance?

For soloQ hero/reg star purposes balance is:

T1: sith defiance, tempted mastery, sapped strength

T2: Emersion, knockback root/bubble stun (pick one)

T3: Corrupted barrier + force mobility (Preference, you could pick something else to replace force mobility as long as is not conspiring force)

it really doesn't matter what disciplines you pick for this class. just press your nose on the A key and roll your face across your keyboard until you hit the L key, then repeat. Usually works most of the time.
lo *********** l >_< this is so true. I went from a commando with full lvl 55 pvp gear pre 3.0 doing 700 k damage per match, to over 1.5 mill with sage dps with half pvp 55 gear, it is just ridiculous how easy they are to use.

lo *********** l >_< this is so true. I went from a commando with full lvl 55 pvp gear pre 3.0 doing 700 k damage per match, to over 1.5 mill with sage dps with half pvp 55 gear, it is just ridiculous how easy they are to use.

My friends regularly pull 1800-2000 dps on their commandos/mercs, if you are struggling to pull 700k damage the issue isn't with the class.

Also, 1.5 million damage is kind of low unless you are off healing every other gcd.

My friends regularly pull 1800-2000 dps on their commandos/mercs, if you are struggling to pull 700k damage the issue isn't with the class.

Also, 1.5 million damage is kind of low unless you are off healing every other gcd.

giving damage numbers is irrelevant because matches can go anywhere from 2 mins to 30 mins so saying 1.5 mill damage is low while it could also be 3k+ dps (although its probably not) is wrong

giving damage numbers is irrelevant because matches can go anywhere from 2 mins to 30 mins so saying 1.5 mill damage is low while it could also be 3k+ dps (although its probably not) is wrong

With such a faceroll class I would expect for him to lol his way to 3k dps half asleep though.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.