The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Custom colors for the player ship

Vitas

What if you could have custom colors for the exterior of the player ship? I don't mean of course for the galactic starfighters but for the player ship that each class gets after completing either Coruscant or Dromund Kaas.

In the comic Star Wars: Rebel Heist 4, Luke and Leia are able to acquire a blue Defender-class light corvette. Despite the story taking place approximately 3,000 years after the events of SWTOR, it still shows that possibly there were other color variations for the ship, and possibly even for the other player ships.

For the Jedi Knight and Consular, what if you could have a blue Defender-class light corvette?

For the Sith Warrior and Inquisitor, what if you could have a crimson Fury-class interceptor?

For the Bounty Hunter, a blue and yellow D5-Mantis?

There could of course be more colors available for these and the other ships. There could even be decals you could add like a flame art-style or the Empire, Republic or Hutt symbol? It would be one step closer to personalizing your ship, albeit very little.

How it could work is once you've acquired your ship, you can acquire new colors and designs from vendors or from packs in the Cartel Market, just like the starfighter paints. You can change the colors and designs at the player ship menu.

Edited by Vitas

This. The code is supposed to be such a mess that they don't want to touch it any more then they have to. That's part of the reason they gave us strongholds instead of making the ships customizable.

I don't mean changing the ship's furniture or anything like that, just the exterior color of the ship. It doesn't even have to be too in-depth with patterns, it could just be a simple color swap.

It would be nice if we could decorate the inside of worship and put in a new paint I know we have struggled but I've always wanted to be able to decorate and furnish the inside of a ship at least give it a new paint job on the inside of the ship