Which classes on the Empire side have good light side storylines?

Volxen

I have tried playing through as a LS Inquisitor but it feels just so .... off. Out of place. The character was very clearly to be written to be DS; you could make a LS decision and then the very next convo wheel has all 3 options being

1) nasty

2) slightly insance

3) murderous

and as a result there is often no continuous flow of being a nice guy during a conversation and the Inq turns into a bipolar Sith.

I think that's the point. Light Side Sith, either one, are not budding Jedi who just wandered into the wrong school. They're still very much Sith, carving their path to power with all that entails. LS and DS are less about good and evil and more about how brutal/ruthless/cruel the methods they use to get there are.

Though I agree the Inquisitor is 'darker' over all.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that's the point. Light Side Sith, either one, are not budding Jedi who just wandered into the wrong school. They're still very much Sith, carving their path to power with all that entails. LS and DS are less about good and evil and more about how brutal/ruthless/cruel the methods they use to get there are.

Though I agree the Inquisitor is 'darker' over all.

That may be true for the Inquisitor but its not for the Warrior. The Lightside Warrior actually has 2 play styles with minor changes to them. This is seen best at the Belsavis conclusion where you have:

Dark Side : Kill the Jedi

Light Side 1 : Acknowledge his assistance but part with the knowledge he is a Jedi and your enemy (your point)

Light Side 2 : Inform him you are working to bring down the Sith from within and you consider the Jedi you allies.

Hell, the lightside Jedi that I played was a better Jedi than most the Jedi in the game, he was just good at putting on a show for his Dark "Masters"

That may be true for the Inquisitor but its not for the Warrior. The Lightside Warrior actually has 2 play styles with minor changes to them. This is seen best at the Belsavis conclusion where you have:

Dark Side : Kill the Jedi

Light Side 1 : Acknowledge his assistance but part with the knowledge he is a Jedi and your enemy (your point)

Light Side 2 : Inform him you are working to bring down the Sith from within and you consider the Jedi you allies.

Hell, the lightside Jedi that I played was a better Jedi than most the Jedi in the game, he was just good at putting on a show for his Dark "Masters"

This is correct. Not to mention some people claim the Warrior is "faking" it if you go light. You're not. You conquer your darkness on tattooine. You keep Jaessa on the path of the light and help her maintain that path. Not to mention she can feel the light side radiating from within you. They also make it a point that Noman Karr is Dark pretending to be light and that you're the opposite. Light pretending to be Dark. The game is clear if you truly follow the light side paths your character really is following the light side.

After my first char I stopped being 'light-side' or 'dark-side'. I just picked the options that seemed fitting for that character. My JC and JK ended up being almost fully light side, the SW and SI slightly dark (II or III) and the rest slightly light (II or III).

Example: On Nar Shaddaa, there is a dark side option of being bribed by a hutt to betray a (addmittingly annoying) Imperial representative. In my opinion a 'true' sith should not choose this option, as he is high above all the money-talk and/or he sees non-force using hutts as lesser species, so even on my sith, I chose the light side option.

The story is full of these moments; my smuggler shouldn't kill every person he meets just because, but when a really evil/annoying enemy passes by, he might pull the trigger while a jedi would hold back.

I leave it to you of course, but I found my stories much more fun to play when I didn't go fully light or dark, but stayed true to my character.

This is correct. Not to mention some people claim the Warrior is "faking" it if you go light. You're not. You conquer your darkness on tattooine. You keep Jaessa on the path of the light and help her maintain that path. Not to mention she can feel the light side radiating from within you. They also make it a point that Noman Karr is Dark pretending to be light and that you're the opposite. Light pretending to be Dark. The game is clear if you truly follow the light side paths your character really is following the light side.

I find that...rather silly and annoying. Particularly given that even before it became obvious that Class Stories were going to be severely curtailed there was no serious indication that switching sides was ever going to be an option.

It essentially boils down to, "Oh yeah, I'm totally with the Republic/the Light Side! But I'm going to continue slaughtering Jedi and Republic soldiers by the hundreds, and assisting the Empire in achieving it's goals at every turn indefinitely...just to lull them into a false sense of security! Have to keep up appearances you know!"

I find that...rather silly and annoying. Particularly given that even before it became obvious that Class Stories were going to be severely curtailed there was no serious indication that switching sides was ever going to be an option.

It essentially boils down to, "Oh yeah, I'm totally with the Republic/the Light Side! But I'm going to continue slaughtering Jedi and Republic soldiers by the hundreds, and assisting the Empire in achieving it's goals at every turn indefinitely...just to lull them into a false sense of security! Have to keep up appearances you know!"

Not quite. You can be fully on the light side and in the Empire. The good guy on the wrong side trope. Just because you're a good guy doesn't mean that you're going to be inclined to abandon your people (The citizens are not crazy Imperials), your nation, your way of life, etc. That's why the Sith Warrior talks about changing the Empire from within. He wants to make the Empire a better place.

I look at it like this. Let's assume I'm from a country where my government is doing terrible things and is evil on a massive scale. I'm more likely to become a rebel than literally join the enemy country. Also realize joining the enemies means fighting the people you care about, your allies, etc.

Edited by Rhyltran

Not quite. You can be fully on the light side and in the Empire. The good guy on the wrong side trope. Just because you're a good guy doesn't mean that you're going to be inclined to abandon your people (The citizens are not crazy Imperials), your nation, your way of life, etc. That's why the Sith Warrior talks about changing the Empire from within. He wants to make the Empire a better place.

I look at it like this. Let's assume I'm from a country where my government is doing terrible things and is evil on a massive scale. I'm more likely to become a rebel than literally join the enemy country. Also realize joining the enemies means fighting the people you care about, your allies, etc.

Interesting. I've played a full darkside Sith Warrior in the past, and I've played a fully darkside Sith Inquisitor up to level 26. From what I've read, it's possible to be a true follower of the light side (i.e., wanting to change the Empire from within) as a Sith Warrior, but that this is not possible as a Sith Inquisitor. Is it true that as a light side Sith Inquisitor, you are simply less brutal/cruel than a dark side Sith Inquisitor? You cannot be a true follower of the light side as a Sith Inquisitor?

Interesting. I've played a full darkside Sith Warrior in the past, and I've played a fully darkside Sith Inquisitor up to level 26. From what I've read, it's possible to be a true follower of the light side (i.e., wanting to change the Empire from within) as a Sith Warrior, but that this is not possible as a Sith Inquisitor. Is it true that as a light side Sith Inquisitor, you are simply less brutal/cruel than a dark side Sith Inquisitor? You cannot be a true follower of the light side as a Sith Inquisitor?

If anything it's the other way around. Both Warrior and Inquisitor can state that they're light and goodie and want to change the Empire from within (to Jaesa and Ashara respectively) but Warrior story basically drops that angle like a rock as soon as Act 1 with Jaesa as the main focus ends. It's actually almost comical how inconsequential your LS declarations are in Act 1's finale as you're forced into killing Jedi spree literally 5 minutes later in Act 2. With no good dialogue options to really justify it well for your "LS" character.

Inquisitor doesn't really have much more oppurtunities to state his "light-sideness" than Warrior, but its story does it much more consistiently from the beginning till the end, full with exclusive ending available only for Inquisitors using light side of the Force. What's more - Inquisitor story has nothing to do with waging war on the Jedi or the Republic or light side etc. Many people are not happy about it (mainly dark side fanboys who thought they would be proto-Palpatines) but it actually allows greater flexibility for 'customization' of your character and building his/her personality and morals. Your enemies are lunatic Sith that want to kill you and every dark OR light character would fight them to survive.

Edited by Pietrastor

Inquisitor doesn't really have much more oppurtunities to state his "light-sideness" than Warrior, but its story does it much more consistiently from the beginning till the end, full with exclusive ending available only for Inquisitors using light side of the Force. What's more - Inquisitor story has nothing to do with waging war on the Jedi or the Republic or light side etc. Many people are not happy about it (mainly dark side fanboys who thought they would be proto-Palpatines) but it actually allows greater flexibility for 'customization' of your character and building his/her personality and morals. Your enemies are lunatic Sith that want to kill you and every dark OR light character would fight them to survive.

This. One of the most defining moments for LS inquisitors in my opinion was telling Ashara that "the Empire needs sane leaders." On Makeb and much more so on Ilum, they start to put their money where their mouth is IMO. As to whether the LS Inquisitor is truly light, it differs at time. Again, companion conversations with Ashara seem to imply a rather more grey view of the Force, while still holding the Sith Code (particularly the last line) as a core tenet of their philosophy. What they actually do, however, generally makes them look like Sith Jesus. ("Forgive those that hurt you ..." on Nar Shaddaa)

If anything it's the other way around. Both Warrior and Inquisitor can state that they're light and goodie and want to change the Empire from within (to Jaesa and Ashara respectively) but Warrior story basically drops that angle like a rock as soon as Act 1 with Jaesa as the main focus ends. It's actually almost comical how inconsequential your LS declarations are in Act 1's finale as you're forced into killing Jedi spree literally 5 minutes later in Act 2. With no good dialogue options to really justify it well for your "LS" character.

Thats not even remotely true though. In the class quest of the Sith Warrior, I physically do not remember EVER KILLING A JEDI, EVER.

In order you can

Capture a Jedi

No jedi encountered (ally with Republic troopers though and let them live

Let the master and apprentice live (but the apprentice lost his memory)

Avoid a Fight

Leave in peace/avoid a fight

Turn a fallen Jedi over to the Council to be redeemed.

Chapter 2:

Capture Republic Generals under orders (no Jedi here)

No Jedi encountered

Leave a Jedi Master to take care of a wounded Jedi

Chapter 3

Ally with a Jedi and declare yourself a friend of the Jedi Order

No Jedi

Inform the Jedi of a traitor who is leading them into a trap, and than allow the Jedi to do what they want with the traitor.

Are you sure you arnt talking about the planetary story arcs? Cause that is totally different, hence I avoided them with my Warrior (x12 exp was wonderful) but the class story has the potential to be so pro-Jedi/anti-Sith it is almost weird that there are no factions changes allowed

Thats not even remotely true though. In the class quest of the Sith Warrior, I physically do not remember EVER KILLING A JEDI, EVER.

In order you can

Capture a Jedi

No jedi encountered (ally with Republic troopers though and let them live

Let the master and apprentice live (but the apprentice lost his memory)

Avoid a Fight

Leave in peace/avoid a fight

Turn a fallen Jedi over to the Council to be redeemed.

Chapter 2:

Capture Republic Generals under orders (no Jedi here)

No Jedi encountered

Leave a Jedi Master to take care of a wounded Jedi

Chapter 3

Ally with a Jedi and declare yourself a friend of the Jedi Order

No Jedi

Inform the Jedi of a traitor who is leading them into a trap, and than allow the Jedi to do what they want with the traitor.

Are you sure you arnt talking about the planetary story arcs? Cause that is totally different, hence I avoided them with my Warrior (x12 exp was wonderful) but the class story has the potential to be so pro-Jedi/anti-Sith it is almost weird that there are no factions changes allowed

There is a time where you can kill a Jedi. You meet a Jedi Master and his Padawan. The master tells his Padawan that you are different. No matter how many times I picked "I don't want to fight." the Padawan flies into a rage and attacks. Because "All sith must die." The master leaves the padawan to his fate. That is the only time and only exception and this is the Padawan's own fault for not listening to the master, ignoring the code (you quote it to him and he still doesn't give a crap), and ignoring the fact that you don't want to bother him.

There is a time where you can kill a Jedi. You meet a Jedi Master and his Padawan. The master tells his Padawan that you are different. No matter how many times I picked "I don't want to fight." the Padawan flies into a rage and attacks. Because "All sith must die." The master leaves the padawan to his fate. That is the only time and only exception and this is the Padawan's own fault for not listening to the master, ignoring the code (you quote it to him and he still doesn't give a crap), and ignoring the fact that you don't want to bother him.

I counted that. You dont have to kill the Padawan, you can let him live. They are also both Knights actually but thats not important. Anyways that is on the fault of the guys and as pointed out, you can avoid the fight with the second Jedi (and you can still let both of them live)

I counted that. You dont have to kill the Padawan, you can let him live. They are also both Knights actually but thats not important. Anyways that is on the fault of the guys and as pointed out, you can avoid the fight with the second Jedi (and you can still let both of them live)

Yeah, either way. As a Lightside Sith? You can be more Light than some Jedi. In fact, I very much felt like an Imperial Knight from Legacy rather than a Sith.

The only class on the Empire side I have played through as light side is Imperial Agent, and I was thoroughly impressed. I think the light side options throughout the class storyline worked very well for the Imperial Agent. But I’m also contemplating playing through some of the other Empire side classes as light side, particularly Sith Inquisitor. In your opinion, which classes on the Empire side have good light side storylines? And for those of you who have played through multiple class storylines on the Empire side as light side, which of the light side class storylines did you enjoy the most?

Sith Inq might not be "evil" unless you are. Even though it's easy to play it as a sadist, torturing people etc..

But;

It doesn't fit to play "lightside". Inq is a former slave, and he has obviously learned that power comes through showings of might. He doens't pity weaklings, as weak people are made to be dominated. Also, he's going to say things like "There will be no suriviours!" and other bloodthirsty stuff, even when you say something like "I'll do it" (to a quest).

Inq=Neutral to dark side. Playing that as light side is EXTREMELY lore-unfriendly and it's dull. Even the voice seems dark, and unlike with Warrior or Agent, you meet lots of scum. You're supposed to fight for your place, and being "nice" won't bring you any points. + you're Khem's master, and you're supposed to strenghten him as well by letting him kill everything he sees.

"The lowest of the low. No one would notice if I eat one or two" - Khem Val. Let him eat some of those filthy aliens and stop being a "good" guy! And yes I did let him murder some of those Duros (neutals, lvl 9 or something) just for the fun of it.

Edited by Leaveshill

Sith Inq might not be "evil" unless you are. Even though it's easy to play it as a sadist, torturing people etc..

But;

It doesn't fit to play "lightside". Inq is a former slave, and he has obviously learned that power comes through showings of might. He doens't pity weaklings, as weak people are made to be dominated. Also, he's going to say things like "There will be no suriviours!" and other bloodthirsty stuff, even when you say something like "I'll do it" (to a quest).

Inq=Neutral to dark side. Playing that as light side is EXTREMELY lore-unfriendly and it's dull. Even the voice seems dark, and unlike with Warrior or Agent, you meet lots of scum. You're supposed to fight for your place, and being "nice" won't bring you any points. + you're Khem's master, and you're supposed to strenghten him as well by letting him kill everything he sees.

"The lowest of the low. No one would notice if I eat one or two" - Khem Val. Let him eat some of those filthy aliens and stop being a "good" guy! And yes I did let him murder some of those Duros (neutals, lvl 9 or something) just for the fun of it.

Disagree emphatically. It fits the backstory and lore perfectly. You're not Sith because you want to be, you are Sith because you happened to be found to be Force-Sensitive by Sith instead of Jedi. The LS Inquisitor remembers what it felt like to be weak, and will not inflict that position on others if possible. The LS Inquisitor sees the Sith and the Empire, recognises them as corrupt, dysfunctional, and the source of their past and their subjects' former suffering, and actively seeks out alternatives in their pursuit to power. The LS Inquisitor is more involved with the heavily archaeological slant of the story, because instead of blindly accepting Sith teachings of the Dark Side, they search the order's history and that of the Jedi for alternatives. At last, they develop their own philosophy based around the Living Force, passion and harmony at once. Their relationship to Ashara -- whether male or female -- is vital to their characterisation, instead of being schizophrenic.

The canned lines don't really count, because every class has those. LS Warriors will still say something about it being "time for a bloodbath". DS Knights will talk about "helping others" being "both a duty and an honor". (American spelling intentional). When the options on most side quests are [i'll do it], [What's my reward?], and [sod off!], there's not much room for diverging characterisation.

Disagree emphatically. It fits the backstory and lore perfectly. You're not Sith because you want to be, you are Sith because you happened to be found to be Force-Sensitive by Sith instead of Jedi. The LS Inquisitor remembers what it felt like to be weak, and will not inflict that position on others if possible. The LS Inquisitor sees the Sith and the Empire, recognises them as corrupt, dysfunctional, and the source of their past and their subjects' former suffering, and actively seeks out alternatives in their pursuit to power. The LS Inquisitor is more involved with the heavily archaeological slant of the story, because instead of blindly accepting Sith teachings of the Dark Side, they search the order's history and that of the Jedi for alternatives. At last, they develop their own philosophy based around the Living Force, passion and harmony at once. Their relationship to Ashara -- whether male or female -- is vital to their characterisation, instead of being schizophrenic.

The canned lines don't really count, because every class has those. LS Warriors will still say something about it being "time for a bloodbath". DS Knights will talk about "helping others" being "both a duty and an honor". (American spelling intentional). When the options on most side quests are [i'll do it], [What's my reward?], and [sod off!], there's not much room for diverging characterisation.

Well... how would Khem act? Or Xalek? Keep in mind that Khem has a huge role in this story, he's almost as important as the S.I. Would Khem have tried to save you if you(from his POW) is a weakling that can't even kill? He'd be starving, he'd hate you and he'd welcome your death.

Also, Xalek question. He's a brute that welcomes death and war. When you tell him to "calm down" time and time again, then you're waiting for death. Also, LS will give away the ghosts, meaning that you'll be so much weaker. You won't be able to keep the Dark Council seat. Nox is one of the "stronger" DC members due to having 5 ghosts (Ergast, Andru, Zarvos, Horak-Mul and the Voss mystic that created dream-walking. Ergast (creater of Force walking, got a huge monument on Kaas City) is truelly powerful, Andru has a huge grave(which should mean that he's powerful as well), Zavros isn't anything special but he's stil competent and Horak-Mul is of course powerful. He's not spreading death and forcing ships to crash for nothing. And as stated, the Mystic-guy is also a powerful source.

Take away these five sources and you are truely nothing but a "normal" sith lord. You will get murdered and you will be forgotten.

If I'm mistaken, then Nox has to be the strongest Sith that ever lived, as he has five powerful spirits within himself, and he can keep his Seat without them. Which he cannot, of course.

If Nox is a good guy, then Nox will also die within the first 6 months of the victory over Thanaton. People will wonder how this man made Thanaton crawl, then got killed like "nothing".

Nox - is supposed to keep the ghosts, and he's supposed to be a hard man. Being LS is against everything the story creates.

Khem will hate you.

Xalek will hate you.

Other Sith-lords will wait for their chance to kill you. And especially the loss of Khem's support(and probably him breaking his bound) will be huge. All odds are against you, and you have a choice.

Die a good guy,

or live as a bad guy. Doesn't have to include being a monster that murders everything he sees, but if you want to play as a good guy then go S.W or something else. It's the point of Sith Inq to be a bit darker than the rest. Otherwise you'd get a fluffy bunny instead of Khem Val.

Well... how would Khem act? Or Xalek? Keep in mind that Khem has a huge role in this story, he's almost as important as the S.I. Would Khem have tried to save you if you(from his POW) is a weakling that can't even kill? He'd be starving, he'd hate you and he'd welcome your death.

Also, Xalek question. He's a brute that welcomes death and war. When you tell him to "calm down" time and time again, then you're waiting for death. Also, LS will give away the ghosts, meaning that you'll be so much weaker. You won't be able to keep the Dark Council seat. Nox is one of the "stronger" DC members due to having 5 ghosts (Ergast, Andru, Zarvos, Horak-Mul and the Voss mystic that created dream-walking. Ergast (creater of Force walking, got a huge monument on Kaas City) is truelly powerful, Andru has a huge grave(which should mean that he's powerful as well), Zavros isn't anything special but he's stil competent and Horak-Mul is of course powerful. He's not spreading death and forcing ships to crash for nothing. And as stated, the Mystic-guy is also a powerful source.

Take away these five sources and you are truely nothing but a "normal" sith lord. You will get murdered and you will be forgotten.

If I'm mistaken, then Nox has to be the strongest Sith that ever lived, as he has five powerful spirits within himself, and he can keep his Seat without them. Which he cannot, of course.

If Nox is a good guy, then Nox will also die within the first 6 months of the victory over Thanaton. People will wonder how this man made Thanaton crawl, then got killed like "nothing".

Nox - is supposed to keep the ghosts, and he's supposed to be a hard man. Being LS is against everything the story creates.

Khem will hate you.

Xalek will hate you.

Other Sith-lords will wait for their chance to kill you. And especially the loss of Khem's support(and probably him breaking his bound) will be huge. All odds are against you, and you have a choice.

Die a good guy,

or live as a bad guy. Doesn't have to include being a monster that murders everything he sees, but if you want to play as a good guy then go S.W or something else. It's the point of Sith Inq to be a bit darker than the rest. Otherwise you'd get a fluffy bunny instead of Khem Val.

This isn't necessarily true for multiple reasons. First, Khem has to help you. You don't remember that Vash tries to attack you in Khem's body and she hits an "Invisible" barrier? She can't. Khem can't break his bond. As for Xalek? Xalek uses the only skill he knows how to use which is violence. He's not necessarily cruel or wicked. He only understands one purpose. He's not very bright nor very skilled aside from killing others. As a Light Side inquisitor he'll still see his fair share of battles considering that he serve the Empire rather than yourself. Meaning you're still willing to fight for the Empire.

There's also an option to keep one of the ghosts. One of the ghosts doesn't want to leave and I can see a Light Side inquisitor keeping him. We also don't know how much raw power the ghosts provides Nox. We do know it boosts his force defenses considerably. At the same time Imperius has a massive power base which will still make him a daunting target for any Sith Lord trying to take him out.

I'm not saying it makes more sense light side but there are still some things to consider.

Edited by Rhyltran

This isn't necessarily true for multiple reasons. First, Khem has to help you. You don't remember that Vash tries to attack you in Khem's body and she hits an "Invisible" barrier? She can't. Khem can't break his bond. As for Xalek? Xalek uses the only skill he knows how to use which is violence. He's not necessarily cruel or wicked. He only understands one purpose. He's not very bright nor very skilled aside from killing others. As a Light Side inquisitor he'll still see his fair share of battles considering that he serve the Empire rather than yourself. Meaning you're still willing to fight for the Empire.

There's also an option to keep one of the ghosts. One of the ghosts doesn't want to leave and I can see a Light Side inquisitor keeping him. We also don't know how much raw power the ghosts provides Nox. We do know it boosts his force defenses considerably. At the same time Imperius has a massive power base which will still make him a daunting target for any Sith Lord trying to take him out.

I'm not saying it makes more sense light side but there are still some things to consider.

as light side, then you "redeem" the ghosts. Which means, no one left. And there you stand, weakened, and prepared to die. You don't give away power as a DC member, not unless you wish for a stronger one to take your place. These four (or even five) ghosts will make you one of the most powerful force users in the galaxy. Removing them makes you a lower sith, and a loss to the Empire even. Thanaton is obviously better than a 20 year old. Without the ghosts to draw power, then Nox is a powerful sith, but far away from a seat in the council.

Also, Khem doesn't HAVE to help. He can't hurt you.

Also, Xalek isn't that stupid. He's just very violent. He'd like to murder you as well if you're weak, and believe me, he's capable of murdering you if you're a "lalala" guy. No problem. Khem would likely let you die to remove your bound.

And the Power base is decent, but without your personal power, how are you going to stay in power? DC members are the most powerful force users in the galaxy, not a club for tea-drinkers

as light side, then you "redeem" the ghosts. Which means, no one left. And there you stand, weakened, and prepared to die. You don't give away power as a DC member, not unless you wish for a stronger one to take your place. These four (or even five) ghosts will make you one of the most powerful force users in the galaxy. Removing them makes you a lower sith, and a loss to the Empire even. Thanaton is obviously better than a 20 year old. Without the ghosts to draw power, then Nox is a powerful sith, but far away from a seat in the council.

Also, Khem doesn't HAVE to help. He can't hurt you.

Also, Xalek isn't that stupid. He's just very violent. He'd like to murder you as well if you're weak, and believe me, he's capable of murdering you if you're a "lalala" guy. No problem. Khem would likely let you die to remove your bound.

And the Power base is decent, but without your personal power, how are you going to stay in power? DC members are the most powerful force users in the galaxy, not a club for tea-drinkers

I don't re-call getting an option to "redeem" them. Just honor my word in releasing them. One wishes to stay, however, and says he refuses to leave. Khem can't "Choose to do nothing." he's bound to SERVE you. Serve means obey. This is why he can't harm you. It also means he has to obey you. That's what the bond entails whether he likes it or not.

Further, Xalek isn't manipulative and not one for plotting. He doesn't even understand the code by the time you get him. He wants to survive. In that regard, he's like you. He also likes proving his worth. He kills because people get in his way. He doesn't do it in order to rise through ranks. He doesn't care for that and if you listen to his dialogue he even states it. He only wants to die having defeated powerful enemies because in his culture/religion it means you become a God when you die.

In a way he's the perfect servant. He doesn't desire to become superior to you. He only wants to fight powerful beings and grow in power. He has no desire to lead or rule. He's the companion that Zash would have loved for you to be.

I don't re-call getting an option to "redeem" them. Just honor my word in releasing them. One wishes to stay, however, and says he refuses to leave. Khem can't "Choose to do nothing." he's bound to SERVE you. Serve means obey. This is why he can't harm you. It also means he has to obey you. That's what the bond entails whether he likes it or not.

Further, Xalek isn't manipulative and not one for plotting. He doesn't even understand the code by the time you get him. He wants to survive. In that regard, he's like you. He also likes proving his worth. He kills because people get in his way. He doesn't do it in order to rise through ranks. He doesn't care for that and if you listen to his dialogue he even states it. He only wants to die having defeated powerful enemies because in his culture/religion it means you become a God when you die.

In a way he's the perfect servant. He doesn't desire to become superior to you. He only wants to fight powerful beings and grow in power. He has no desire to lead or rule. He's the companion that Zash would have loved for you to be.

It is if you play light side. You must ask "What's holding you here", then you can free them all.

Also, one ghost is still weak. Remember how Thanaton crushed you with two, but of course it's better than once.

And well, Xalek is a brute. "One day, the student will be the master.", he might consider murdering you. He loves violence, and in the codex it says that he "Believes in the SIth code" and that he hates talking, weakness, mercy. Yes, he's violent and he's not just some stupid boy that wants to live. He's more cruel than you think, that he's not a scholar doesn't make him foolish. He will kill you if you're a weakling.

And Khem isn't "bound" to obey every command. You can refuse him to take the belongings of Turak Hord, and he'll disobey. Unless you destroy them. He's not some slave you can command to wipe your butt. Like the IA/can't say that he wants), Khem can still do his things. He just doesn't want to, he'd run in a few weeks if you go around sparing everyone, preaching about the light etc...

Anyways...

A little 20 year old does NOT climb in a warrior society by being good. End of the story.

SI can not, under any circumstances, be "light". He can be neutral sure, but unless he is willing to fight and fight dirty as well, then you'll die. Your friends will die and your name wiped out. You aren't some "glorified acolyte", you're a former slave. Fight for your life or die like filth. Being LS is not lorewise acceptable as SI because you will die, and you will die badly.

Completely and utterly agree, well said!:)

It is if you play light side. You must ask "What's holding you here", then you can free them all.

Also, one ghost is still weak. Remember how Thanaton crushed you with two, but of course it's better than once.

And well, Xalek is a brute. "One day, the student will be the master.", he might consider murdering you. He loves violence, and in the codex it says that he "Believes in the SIth code" and that he hates talking, weakness, mercy. Yes, he's violent and he's not just some stupid boy that wants to live. He's more cruel than you think, that he's not a scholar doesn't make him foolish. He will kill you if you're a weakling.

And Khem isn't "bound" to obey every command. You can refuse him to take the belongings of Turak Hord, and he'll disobey. Unless you destroy them. He's not some slave you can command to wipe your butt. Like the IA/can't say that he wants), Khem can still do his things. He just doesn't want to, he'd run in a few weeks if you go around sparing everyone, preaching about the light etc...

Anyways...

A little 20 year old does NOT climb in a warrior society by being good. End of the story.

SI can not, under any circumstances, be "light". He can be neutral sure, but unless he is willing to fight and fight dirty as well, then you'll die. Your friends will die and your name wiped out. You aren't some "glorified acolyte", you're a former slave. Fight for your life or die like filth. Being LS is not lorewise acceptable as SI because you will die, and you will die badly.

Well, apparently s/he does....

And stop trying to argue that what ever you deem to be cannon is cannon. Honestly, the Light Side Inquisitor works by trading favors, and while s/he does lose the ghosts, s/he's still an incredibly powerful Sith who can still find other ways of powering him. The way to get to the top by being nice is making people remember that you've been nice, and acting on that. People are more prepared to back someone who is both powerful and forgiving, and in the end the less selfish ways of the Light Side Inquisitor are more beneficial to the Empire, as is noted by Darth Marr's choice in naming the Sith in question Darth Imperius. In the end, honestly, you can cry about how not being how you like things to be is somehow wrong, but in the end the Sith Inquisitor is perfectly able to deal with problems without being a total psychopath.

And he's perfectly willing to fight dirty and be light side. I mean, being light side doesn't mean you necessarily do things that are fair. And to be quite honest, a Light Side Sith is perfectly capable of dealing with a Dashade. Lightside does not mean weak. If it did, the Empire would already rule the galaxy.

There are three options regarding the ghosts after you've defeated Thanaton, one say screw your promise and keep them all, stick to your word and release them back to their tombs, though as stated the fellow from Hoth will chose to stay with you rather then spend eternity on that ice cube of a planet, and then there is a Jedi ritual that can allow all of them to merge with the force for good and no longer linger as ghosts.