Balmorra: Big Guns

Tawreos

But, it isn't a requirement for you to get to endgame, you can easily just do flashpoints via the group finder to make up the exp you lose out on due to skipping the big guns quest and following quests in the chain.....that is the point i am trying to make.

Right now, i am giving them the benefit of the doubt, it being Xmas and all that and pretty close to new years day.....so if it isn't fixed by mid-January, then there is no excuse, i mean, if they don't know how to fix it, they really need to man up and admit it.

I'm sorry but it shouldn't take months to reboot a server or run a maintenance period to reset a quest not working. Big Guns breaks regularly and has since launch in 2011. That it's been 3 years and this particular quest continues to break often is inexcusable at this point.

Unfortunately, these types of issues (quest objects not resetting) have plagued the game since Beta. If they haven't bothered fixing the core issue by now, they probably never will.

When it happens, you basically just have two options:

1. Wait for the server to reset, and finish the quest before it bugs out again. This means you may be waiting days or weeks, depending on maintenance.

2. Get into a second instance for that planet. Once the population of a planet gets high enough (anywhere from 120-160 people, from what I've observed), a second instance will spawn. You can open your map and see a drop-down menu appear above the bottom-right map. Select a another instance and it will port you there. The quest object should work fine, at that point.

From my experience, however, option 2 is only really available on the starter planets and Coruscant/Dromund. After that, the population drops off drastically, and having enough people on at once to spawn a second instance is pretty unlikely.

Isn't this essentially the same bug as the meat tree on Rishi? The quest object not re spawning? It's probably not a hard thing to fix; as long as they're aware of it it'll hopefully be in the next patch.

As I stated right above you, yes. It's also been in game for years, so don't hold your breath for a patch.

As I stated right above you, yes. It's also been in game for years, so don't hold your breath for a patch.

Exactly which just adds to the ridiculousness that Bioware/EA can't be bothered to have someone in the NoC (network op center) do a routine reboot of the servers when quests like this continually break. Or do the right thing, recode the damn quests so they stop breaking on a regular basis, it would go a much further way than adding pigtails and emotes to the cartel market.

Have started another thread. I think that everyone here should open a thread about it, that way we can flood BioWare's customer service with bug reports about this quest. That way it will get addressed more quickly.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...77#post7936377

Also you should all submit an in-game ticket about it, and flood their in-game support service with more bug reports. Flooding is the way forward, ladies and gentlemen. They will HAVE to take notice if they wake up every morning to it.

Have started another thread. I think that everyone here should open a thread about it, that way we can flood BioWare's customer service with bug reports about this quest. That way it will get addressed more quickly.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...77#post7936377

Also you should all submit an in-game ticket about it, and flood their in-game support service with more bug reports. Flooding is the way forward, ladies and gentlemen. They will HAVE to take notice if they wake up every morning to it.

Yeah, um, I don't know about that...

But hey, you can think that, if it makes you feel any better. lol

And it's broken on Ebon Hawk

Broken on Shadowlands, but honestly what isn't broken on this server. It kind of makes me think that EA has finally decided to cut off support for SWTOR and is just trying to see how much more money they can milk from us before they close everything down.

Actually wasn't there something from EA or Bioware a few months ago saying there was one final content update and then support was getting cut to the bare minimum?

Edited by blendedseal

Actually wasn't there something from EA or Bioware a few months ago saying there was one final content update and then support was getting cut to the bare minimum?

95% sure that they're planning to continue the story, given the way Shadow of Revan ended.