The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Testing Sonic Rebounder

DethlaHadyn

"Sonic Rebounder protects all friendly targets in it's area of impact, excluding you, granting Sonic Rebounder, which reflects the next direct, single target attack back at the attacker."

I entered a warzone tonight to test only sonic rebounder. (I apologized deeply to the team lol). I wanted to test if the reflected damage from your protected allies, back to their attacker, actually grants You any dps credit. As I suspected, it does not, but my next question is, does Sonic Rebounder assist your team-mate's dps output? Is it calculated like the jug/guard reflect ability? If so... the power potential of damn good powertechs have just expounded ten-fold.

Granted the ability is on a 30 second cooldown, but practically speaking, there is a good chance that an average opponent will not be able to dispel the sonic bubble from their target with a small attack, and hence may end up eating a lot of his own damage.

Another question is, what is the "Rebounded Reflect Ceiling"? Is there a cap on the amount of damage you can make your enemies eat? I highly doubt I'd get another player to hold hands with me in a warzone..not attack anyone, but only let me taunt the oncoming opponents, to see if they get credit for the reflect dps. Sadly that would be the only way to go about I fear, lmfao.

Im curious of this myself and I haven't got around to testing it. One thing Id like to note is I would have rather seen the "Reflect Shield" on the Guardian's AoE taunt and the "Absorb Shield" on the Vanguard's AoE taunt, thematically speaking. Then of course Shadow should get a "Heal Shield" so that they all 3 bring their own "themed" utility to the table. It just makes sense to me, again I say thematically speaking, that Guardian's Reflect, Shadow's Heal, and Vanguard's Absorb. All effects are awesome so it doesn't really matter, Im just saying what I would've done if it had been my call. Edited by KnightTyler

Im curious of this myself and I haven't got around to testing it. One thing Id like to note is I would have rather seen the "Reflect Shield" on the Guardian's AoE taunt and the "Absorb Shield" on the Vanguard's AoE taunt, thematically speaking. Then of course Shadow should get a "Heal Shield" so that they all 3 bring their own "themed" utility to the table. It just makes sense to me, again I say thematically speaking, that Guardian's Reflect, Shadow's Heal, and Vanguard's Absorb. All effects are awesome so it doesn't really matter, Im just saying what I would've done if it had been my call.

I also tried to test the absorb qualities of the Jug's optional utility for Threatening Scream, and again there was no way to actually see the amount of damage your blanket shield absorbed on the scoreboard. It's almost like these enhanced protection abilities are all well and good with cool animations.... but ultimately we're selecting them on good faith.

The way reflecting works mechanically is - the attack is "absorbed" by the 'victim' - so it would count as healing - the attack hits, all procs that require successful hits will proc, and the DPS of the initial user will count on his DPS. The absorb healing will probably go to the teammates who were granted the shield.

All "absorbing" in the game works like this - absorption here means any time the words "absorb" appear - that is, Sorc Static Barrier, Agent Shield Probe, Arsenal merc's Chaff Flare, and jugg's reflect.

Not speaking of shielding an attack and absorb rating.

Edited by Zunayson