The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Difficulty of lower levels too hard (Powertech) *some spoilers*

Idaho-D

Now I did get through the early levels to 15 and leaving Dromund Kaas so this is really a critque of BW's new higher difficulty levels and just to say you must not have played these levels in 3.0 yet BW! Most missions went fine, no problem, but sometimes the character just runs out of HPs too fast.

My level 15 Powertech (Advanced Prototype) is in full purple gear (even an Earpiece) which is not the norm for levels 1-15, but to get through the battle with all the other Bounty Hunters to join the great hunt she died 5 times even using companion med-paks, absorb adrenals, Heroic Moment. Finally she did beat them all with just 20 HP's left. The mission is supposed to be played at level 15 by players with a few Blue items and standard med-paks. I mean it's only level 15 and maybe they can beat it after 20 attempts, but that is harsh.

What has changed from when I played the mission in earlier versions is that all the other Bounty Hunters target you now instead of just one or two. I changed the Gas Cylinder between Combustable and Ion, but they always just targeted my character, so maybe the aggro levels are too high now for this mission to work properly?

Anyway, way overdone Bioware. You Devs need to go play this mission and see how much it changed with the 3.0 changes. Quite funny to have every Bounty Hunter on the platform shooting only your character. Every time too.

Edited by Idaho-D

You're not the first person I've seen mention this - saw a few BHers in Dromund general chat say the same thing about targeting the player first. I can't remember it well, are all the other arena enemies silver (Strong)? It may just be that it's hard because of the 3.0 buff to all silvers in the game to being very hard hitting.

The other end is that I am normally level 18-19 leaving Coruscant / DK doing every quest, isn't the Arena fight that final mission? Again, poor memory of it

Edited by Cotlu-Hunlon

You can drag the levels out to 17 in Coruscant and Dromund by fighting all the mobs, but it's kind of hard to get past level 16 on Dromund and in fact my character turned lvl 16 on completing the quest in question. (character also took 25% XP buffs from level 1-15, always). This was the first time playing through this mission that every NPC targeted my character though. That was weird. BUG? Who knows.

As far as the Silver mob balances you mention, I think BW messed up by applying a game-wide buff to the A.I. mobs without reviewing all the quests to see the results of the buff. Usually it's okay, but in most high difficulty missions it's too much. And in SWtoR there is little you can do to setup for a tougher mission. You have what you have each time.