So long Accuracy Rating. You will not be missed.

Heezdedjim

There is zero complexity in a "stat" that is nothing more than a flat minus to your stat budget. You stack to X or you fail, that is all. There is no choice, there is no option. In fact it subtracts "complexity" because after you stack the exact amount needed (and not a point more), you have nothing left to play around with the supposed "alternatives."

So subtract X from our stat budgets, and remove the pointless stat. Problem solved. More precisely, leave the stat budget and reduce the nominal damage values to what they "need" to be, instead of relying on a broken and boring kludge to gimp damage down to where you want it. Then we can use the stat budget for actual stats that have an actual impact on how a class plays, or that might deliver different performance in different situations.

I see your point and while I would prefer to live in this world you describe, this is not exactly something easily done. it would require a complete rebalance of gear, attribute contribution, item rating budgets...on top of that testing the multiple builds to fit into intended DPS ceilings.

not sure a game like swtor can pull it off...we don't even know if blizzard did. and they have 100x the developing horsepower.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be very, very very careful what you wish for.

Something like "removing accuracy" is a very drastic change that is 99.9% likely to be done in such a way as to make the game easier for casual players, NOT more interesting for end-game raiders (which are the only people that need 100/110 accuracy anyway).

I just got enough 192 pwr/acc enhancements that I actually got to boost things. pulled out and old 180 acc/pwr, swapped in a acc augment and bam, at the cap. now I'm trying two alacrity enhancements.

the truth is, these decisions need to occur more often. the choice was nice and progression let me remove one of the many enhancements I had to get to the cap.

the real solution in my mind is to give some sort of bonus when over the acc cap. the real pain for me is not getting to the cap or what I need to sacrifice to get there, its the fact that now I'm married to ththis many augments+enhancements and I can only upgrade them to better ones with accuracy...and doing so gives me zero benefit.

the real solution in my mind is to give some sort of bonus when over the acc cap. the real pain for me is not getting to the cap or what I need to sacrifice to get there, its the fact that now I'm married to ththis many augments+enhancements and I can only upgrade them to better ones with accuracy...and doing so gives me zero benefit.

Yeah, I like that idea myself. If over-cap accuracy actually did something worthwhile, and it were a valid choice between that and more surge / alacrity.

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Let's take an analysis of the problem.

2.x allow us more choice with our stuff. 5 gear with accuracy, rest with our choice.

3.x, today, allow us less choice with our stuff. 7-8 gear with accuracy, half of our stuff is now with accuracy, looks like a main stat now. That allow us to have only three gear with surge or alacrity.

Augments are normaly not considered to be gear. that's a "bonus" of stats.

Before 3.x comes, BW said that accuracy point will give more pourcent than in 2.x. that action was simply to balance the ancient DPS with the new DPS. Normaly the ancient DPS 55 had to be equal to the new DPS 60, but it isn't. Just because BW said one month before 3.0. There will be no changes. just see here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7869767#edit7869767

what was the effect ? 200-300 DPS minus for all the DPS. Fine, let's see what's going on now.

Just see on the forum.

"FP too difficult"

"Bosses in story mode Operation too difficult"

In fact, that's false. The FP and Operation are not too difficult. There is only a DPS lack.

60 FP and Operations weren't developped with this lack of DPS.

Just remind, FP and story mode are made for "casual" gamers, for people that dosn't really need to see how many dps they do. That's discovery. just to know the story line, that's all.

Why for some story mode bosses have a casual gamer the need to see his DPSparse ? I don't understand this and i think it's NOT normal. A casual gamer must have the possibility to finish the story line with minimum effort. Today it's not possible. Just have to look at the forum, that's a main problem and BW must resolv it.

BW, please, take the plan about accuracy up again. That will resolv a lot of problems.

EDIT : Forgot something, with less choice in implant and ears by the vendor, we're living PAIN in HELL now. crashing my head on the floor with the stats now.

Edited by TheHvergelmir

if ops are too simple, many wont play them

if ops are too hard, many dont try or give up on them.

there's no silver bullet here.

the problem with the current SM ops isnt eh difficulty, it's the countless bugs.

Hi everyone,

Let's take an analysis of the problem.

2.x allow us more choice with our stuff. 5 gear with accuracy, rest with our choice.

3.x, today, allow us less choice with our stuff. 7-8 gear with accuracy, half of our stuff is now with accuracy, looks like a main stat now. That allow us to have only three gear with surge or alacrity.

Augments are normaly not considered to be gear. that's a "bonus" of stats.

Before 3.x comes, BW said that accuracy point will give more pourcent than in 2.x. that action was simply to balance the ancient DPS with the new DPS. Normaly the ancient DPS 55 had to be equal to the new DPS 60, but it isn't. Just because BW said one month before 3.0. There will be no changes. just see here http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=7869767#edit7869767

what was the effect ? 200-300 DPS minus for all the DPS. Fine, let's see what's going on now.

Just see on the forum.

"FP too difficult"

"Bosses in story mode Operation too difficult"

In fact, that's false. The FP and Operation are not too difficult. There is only a DPS lack.

60 FP and Operations weren't developped with this lack of DPS.

Just remind, FP and story mode are made for "casual" gamers, for people that dosn't really need to see how many dps they do. That's discovery. just to know the story line, that's all.

Why for some story mode bosses have a casual gamer the need to see his DPSparse ? I don't understand this and i think it's NOT normal. A casual gamer must have the possibility to finish the story line with minimum effort. Today it's not possible. Just have to look at the forum, that's a main problem and BW must resolv it.

BW, please, take the plan about accuracy up again. That will resolv a lot of problems.

Your analysis is completely wasted because of the last three paragraphs.

The story mode flashpoint at lvl 60 are solo-able in 186 vendor trash gear. I've solo'd them in healer, tank, and damage disciplines and the most gear my companion had was 162 (old elite). In contrast, the HM flashpoints actually require some skill but can still be completed in 186 gear (no augments as well). The story line is possible to complete without being a hardcore PvE'r.

P.S. Accuracy is needed for HM's if you want to complete a rotation.

Your analysis is completely wasted because of the last three paragraphs.

The story mode flashpoint at lvl 60 are solo-able in 186 vendor trash gear. I've solo'd them in healer, tank, and damage disciplines and the most gear my companion had was 162 (old elite). In contrast, the HM flashpoints actually require some skill but can still be completed in 186 gear (no augments as well). The story line is possible to complete without being a hardcore PvE'r.

P.S. Accuracy is needed for HM's if you want to complete a rotation.

I don't speak for tactics.

HM FP require 178 gear. look at your missions. with a full groupefinder, not guild, you think it's possible ? same with OP, with only 186 gear ?

sorry but that's Impossible for casual gamers.

Edited by TheHvergelmir

Wait a minute, are you telling us that you did not swap out the accuracy enhancements on tank gears with shield enhancements during the 2.0 period? if that is what you are saying then this discussion is over, Learn2Play. Edited by BrintoSFJ

So, the way to keep dps reasonable is accuracy. You want them to remove accuracy and reduce damage of skills. Do you realize the result would be the same dps? Is it too hard for you to use accuracy? I don't get this complaint.

if ops are too simple, many wont play them

if ops are too hard, many dont try or give up on them.

there's no silver bullet here.

the problem with the current SM ops isnt eh difficulty, it's the countless bugs.

As the filthiest of casuals, I want to say that the reason I don't do generally Ops is because random groups for it usually have at least one person who's either an *** or a moron. Ran SM Terror from Beyond for the first time on my 60 DPS Sorc a few weeks ago, it was cripplingly clear that one of our tanks and one of our healers had no clue what they were doing. Luckily, the other tank and heal were both very good.

Conversely, trying to run SM Ravagers, I had someone flip **** at me for not using voice chat. I've completed HM Ops without doing so--it really isn't necessary for SM if everybody is doing their jobs correctly.

That said, you're not wrong about the bugs, we ran into one of the ones in TfB.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.