Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

This game is a resource hog?

Sycoskater

I'm running this game on an i3-2310m, with an HD3000. I am very surprised that I get around 25 - 35fps.. But whenever I am inside somewhere (A base, building, cave, or Dungeon) I get around 5 - 10fps. In every MMO I have ever played being indoors has always provided the most FPS, while being outdoors gives me the lowest frame rate.

I also notice tha this game is a HUGE resource hog! In my processes it shows to swtor.exe. One of those processes is running at over 1million, and for some odd reason the number gets bigger and bigger. The second runs over 200k, and that keeps getting bigger as well... Isn't there supposed to be some kinda consistency here?

I don't have a top of the line computer, no.. But it's able to run games like DC Universe (which closely resembles SWTOR's graphics), WoW, LoTRO, Fallout 3, New Vegas, and other's at a pretty decent frame rate. I do wish there was more graphical settings that I could tweek, and not the simplistic settings they have. Like foliage, terrain distance, dynamic lighting, etc...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.