The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Advanced Prototype rotation tips

LtBombshell

So currently I'm a 58 AP Powertech, and I've been having heat management issues. By the time I kill a 57 elite, I'm at high 50s low 60s heat. What am I doing wrong?

My opener goes like this (this is without EB because let's be honest here- especially in PvP, you're not going to have the luxury of preloading energy lodes and also because I don't have that ability yet (to preload)): TD>RB>RS>RP>MB>RS

At this point, everything is on cooldown. My only option left is to mag blast. And again. Then I just slam everything else as it comes of CD.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or does the rotation get easier once you hit 59?

Edited by LtBombshell

So currently I'm a 58 AP Powertech, and I've been having heat management issues. By the time I kill a 57 elite, I'm at high 50s low 60s heat. What am I doing wrong?

My opener goes like this (this is without EB because let's be honest here- especially in PvP, you're not going to have the luxury of preloading energy lodes and also because I don't have that ability yet (to preload)): TD>RB>RS>RP>MB

At this point, everything is on cooldown. My only option left is to mag blast. And again. Then I just slam everything else as it comes of CD.

Am I doing something wrong here? Or does the rotation get easier once you hit 59?

You're probably in the wrong stance. Why?

TD -> RB -> RS -> RP -> MB should have the RP take RS off cooldown.

Every 6 seconds, you should use an RP or an MB and if you're in AP and using High Energy Gas Cylinder, it should refresh Rail Shot and make it free.

Oh and don't spam Mag Blast. Use it when you have the excess heat, but if you spam it you tend to overheat. With the exception of when TD is off cooldown, try to go

[MB/RP] -> Rapid Shots -> [MB/RP] -> Rail Shot

Rail shot may be delayed until the next rapid shots if it is going to conflict with a TD. Rapid Shots can be replaced with a TD at any time.

Edited by TACeMossie

You're probably in the wrong stance. Why?

TD -> RB -> RS -> RP -> MB should have the RP take RS off cooldown.

Every 6 seconds, you should use an RP or an MB and if you're in AP and using High Energy Gas Cylinder, it should refresh Rail Shot and make it free.

Oh and don't spam Mag Blast. Use it when you have the excess heat, but if you spam it you tend to overheat. With the exception of when TD is off cooldown, try to go

[MB/RP] -> Rapid Shots -> [MB/RP] -> Rail Shot

Rail shot may be delayed until the next rapid shots if it is going to conflict with a TD. Rapid Shots can be replaced with a TD at any time.

Woops, forgot to add that last RS to my post. I'll change that.

So you're saying that if everything is on cooldown, use rapid shots rather than spamming mag blast?

Woops, forgot to add that last RS to my post. I'll change that.

So you're saying that if everything is on cooldown, use rapid shots rather than spamming mag blast?

Not all the time, but do mix it in a bit more often. The really-good-at-managing-resources people can get it down to every 15 seconds you need a rapid shots, but thats a bit more difficult to mix in and needs the use of the Liquid Cooling utility, the 4-piece set bonus, and the 90 second cooldown on recharge skills.

The rotation given above would give you an average 7.5 second cooldown on rapid shots, for example (and I also forgot about the inclusion of energy burst D: - Just swap out a Mag Blast for it when you have the chance, so long as its not a proc mag blast), so its a good starting place.