Sharpshooter Energy Management in PVP

allhailmonster

Hello all and thanks for your answers in advance. I rolled a gunslinger in the sharpshooter spec just prior to 3.0 to mainly use as a casual pvp toon. I'm still a lowbie, only level 24, so the spec obviously hasn't truly bloomed yet, but I've really enjoyed learning the class in the low-pressure environment of lowbie warzones. I love the bursty supporting dps role, I can pretty much 1v1 any class, and I almost without exception find myself as one of the top 3 or 4 damage dealers. The only thing is, I've never had this trouble with resource management in a class. Often after burning through a tough target or two I find myself almost completely out of energy, with nothing to use but my auto attack and cool head on cooldown. Like I said, I'm still only level 24, and I noticed some abilities further down the discipline that seem to reduce energy costs, but I'm wondering if my troubles are a result of a low point in the spec or if I'm just bad. So, to you more experienced gunslingers and snipers, specifically pvp-focused ones, how do you manage energy effectively? And does it get better later in the discipline? Is resource management a common issue for the class or am i just terrible?

Hello all and thanks for your answers in advance. I rolled a gunslinger in the sharpshooter spec just prior to 3.0 to mainly use as a casual pvp toon. I'm still a lowbie, only level 24, so the spec obviously hasn't truly bloomed yet, but I've really enjoyed learning the class in the low-pressure environment of lowbie warzones. I love the bursty supporting dps role, I can pretty much 1v1 any class, and I almost without exception find myself as one of the top 3 or 4 damage dealers. The only thing is, I've never had this trouble with resource management in a class. Often after burning through a tough target or two I find myself almost completely out of energy, with nothing to use but my auto attack and cool head on cooldown. Like I said, I'm still only level 24, and I noticed some abilities further down the discipline that seem to reduce energy costs, but I'm wondering if my troubles are a result of a low point in the spec or if I'm just bad. So, to you more experienced gunslingers and snipers, specifically pvp-focused ones, how do you manage energy effectively? And does it get better later in the discipline? Is resource management a common issue for the class or am i just terrible?

SS enrgy management before lvl 48 is inexistent.

It gets better later on.

lvl 32 - Energy regen while in cover increases from 5 to 6

48 - Trickshot lowers energy cost of next two Charged Burst by 5

57 - Sniper Volley gives you +2 energy regen for 15 seconds

You can still run out of energy if you're not careful, but you'll find it way easier to manage energy at high levels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.