The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

[GUIDE] Crew Skills added with 3.0

Okugi

With the release of 3.0, Bioware has changed to a template format. What this means, is that when you RE from green to blue to purple, you don't just keep adding stats, you get a certain set bonus added to the base green depending on what the active prefix is. When you RE from blue to purple, it removes the template that was added from the blue prefix, and applies a new one based on the purple prefix. These templates are added to the base green item to give you your final product.

Now here's where it gets interesting. For whatever reason, Bioware made wrist and waist pieces different. The way they work is that when you RE to Blue, you get an old prefix template, (Critical, Overkill and Rebound), while the rest of the armor pieces follows the new pattern. As my RE chance has been abyssmal for armormech, 160+ REs and only 10 upgrades learned, I'm am going to to rely heavily on information uncovered by others for these numbers until I can confirm them. For now, only the Blue is posted while I work on the purple numbers and system.

For wrist/waist pieces, Green RE's to Blue:

Critical

+21 Endurance

+27 Primary Stat

+6 Critical

Overkill

+21 Endurance

+27 Primary Stat

+6 Power

Redoubt

+21 Endurance

+27 Primary Stat

+6 Defense

For all others, Green RE's to Blue:

The following stat bonus is applied to the base Green regardless of the prefix:

+28 Endurance

+27 Primary Stat

+80 Tech/Force Power

The following stat template is then applied to the base Green depending on the prefix:

Expert

+14 Power

+12 Surge

Fervor

+14 Critical

+12 Accuracy

Veracity

+14 Defense

+12 Shield

Blue RE's to Purple

The following stat bonus is applied to the base Green regardless of the prefix:

+54 Endurance

+50 Primary Stat

+148 Tech/Force Power

The following stat template is then applied to the base Green depending on the prefix:

From Expert:

Expert

+27 Power

+23 Surge

Hawkeye

+27 Power

+23 Accuracy

Vehemence

+27 Power

+23 Alacrity

From Fervor:

Fervor

+27 Critical

+23 Accuracy

Endowment

+27 Critical

+23 Surge

Supremacy

+27 Critical

+23 Alacrity

From Veracity:

Veracity

+27 Defense

+23 Shield

Shielded

+27 Absorb

+23 Shield

What does all this mean in application? I'll use the Ruusan Dynamic Defense Shield MK-1 as an example. In it's base green form, it has the following stats:

177 Endurance

172 Willpower

79 Shield

675 Force Power

84 Defense

Now, RE this to the Blue Veracity Ruusan Dynamic Defense Shield MK-1 and we get:

205 Endurance

199 Willpower

91 Shield

755 Force Power

98 Defense

For our final step, we RE this to the Purple Veracity Ruusan Dynamic Defense Shield MK-1 and we get:

231 Endurance

222 Willpower

102 Shield

823 Force Power

111 Defense

Happy Crafting! If anyone find's discrepancies, or more information, please post so I can edit to keep this up-to-date and correct.

Edited by Okugi

As I mentioned in the other thread, armormech does not seem to be following this paradigm. I have gotten Overkill, Absorb and Redoubt , Fervor, Critical, among others as prefixes. I don't have a complete picture yet.

For armormech, when I RE a green, I can get an Absorb, Redoubt, Critical, Overkill blue. RE'ing those gives a purple of the same prefix.

Edited by MotorCityMan

From what I've seen, armormech seems to be the only one not following, though I have yet to test out droid parts, but i suspect they will follow the new hybrid that armormech has. I'm waiting to get full info on those before updating.

Now here's where it gets interesting. For whatever reason, Bioware made wrist and waist pieces different. The way they work is that when you RE to Blue, you get an old prefix template, (Critical, Overkill and Rebound), while the rest of the armor pieces follows the new pattern.

I bet this is because wrist and waist pieces don't have an enhancement slot, and as a result can't get tertiary stats.

As for other crafting skills, I'd expect synthweaved wrist and waist pieces to follow the same pattern, as well as droid parts (which are analogous to wrists and waist).