Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Add a "Dont ask again for this computer" Security Key option

Saito_Hiraga

One of the most annoying things I've endured during my SWTOR experience is the need to open and write a security key code every time I open the game or each time I want to move around the SWTOR site.

And honestly guys I bet an 80% of the people who uses a Security Key, installed it only to get access to the SK Vendor or the 100cc Monthly Grant or both. I am one of those people of course.

But we already have a password and at least 3 security questions, we dont need more security at least on our own personal computer.

An option next to the security key entry space on the launcher and the website that registers your current computer as a personal computer and dont ask you for a code again on this computer in the future would be extremely useful.

Of course to toggle that option is completely optional if you have your reasons for needing the SK code on your own computer (like your bro uses it to play, you have kids who play on your computer etc. etc. etc.) and also the possibility to turn it off so it starts asking for your key again.

That would defeat the purpose of the SK. If you don't want to type in the SK code every time, then don't use a SK.

Seriously, you're even admitting you only have it for the vendor/CC's. This is maybe the stupidest suggestion post I've ever read.

Edited by MagikFingerz

Without the Sec key, the game asks for a code he sends to your mail everytime you try to log, which sucks and the Sec key removes the need for you to log on your mail everytime, but typing the code again because you DC'ed and had to close the game, drives everyone nuts, so I totaly agree with this. And lets be honest, I bet 99% of the people who gets the Sec key is to get access to vendors and Xalek customization, since the default look is ugly. Edited by Fauckers

Without the Sec key, the game asks for a code he sends to your mail everytime you try to log, which sucks and the Sec key removes the need for you to log on your mail everytime, but typing the code again because you DC'ed and had to close the game, drives everyone nuts, so I totaly agree with this. And lets be honest, I bet 99% of the people who gets the Sec key is to get access to vendors and Xalek customization, since the default look is ugly.

I only get the OT PW Code thing when my cookies are deleted, for the website. Then again, I primarily browse the forums on my phone, so the code is right there anyway.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.