The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What happened to the CIS?

migzmando

The Republic won the war when Dooku, Greivous and the Separatist leaders were all killed over the course of Revenge of the Sith and their droid armies deactivated. Aside from a few minor holdouts, the CIS ceased to exist after Mustafar.

I also noticed we don't really see any battle droids in the OT, either.. Did all of the droids get destroyed, or?

They were explicitly all powered down - that's what Anakin was doing on Mustafar after he killed the remaining Separatist leaders. After a long, destructive war with droid armies, the Empire continued the Republic's human-based military rather than use droids themselves after the war (although there were a few projects like the Dark Trooper program - but those were the exception). The Battle Droids from the Prequels had become a symbol of the CIS, so most were certainly destroyed by the Empire (which also removed the possibility of them being used against them again).

Edited by DarthDymond

Quick bullet format since my cupcakes are almost ready.

-The droid units were all shut down and eventually reactivated for Stormtrooper and Imperial army training purposes, or military study.

-The primary Separatist backers (Trade Federation, Techno Union, etc.) were shut down or reduced to such a point to become a non-factor, or taken control of by the Empire.

some of the newer EU referances the rebels using old Trade Federation ships, and I'd not be suprised to see them pop up in SW: Rebels. (I'd also not be suprised if they didn't mind ya) that said the rebels likely try to avoid using them to avoid being cast by the empire as sepertist hold outs