The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New Weapons: Descendant's Sword / Double-Blade.

elendiil

Seconded. KoTOR1 had good, simple swords if I recall.

Aye they did, I mean Cathar Sword is fine: If you're a Cathar or BT3 Male. But it seems minus that Sword.

Other Swords that -should- attach to the hip, are on the Back, and the Sword that -should- be on the back is on the hip...(Another thing that bothers me :p)

But yes just Simple Vibroswords. (HIP placement please!!) would be an added bonus, and heck if it can look like a Pirate Cutlass? All the better! :p

Hip: http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/Uldon/1_zps438c8379.jpg

Back: http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/Uldon/3_zps5555325f.png

I've never got that :p. It looks silly to have the large Sword on the hip, and the smaller sword need a back slot :D.

(Perhaps swap them around??)

But no, the main point: Is it too much to simply ask for this:

http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s583/Uldon/2_zpsca9eb5c2.jpg

(Maybe with a nice Pirate Hilt..:p)

I love the cathar swords, but we need more like them. Also, besides that, I want a GIGANTIC greatsword. Like a buster sword. Preferably, it should lock your character to the two-hand battle animations, too.

Those would also be nice yes. Would be nice to have more SWORD SWORDS and less SABER SWORDS :D. Basically. (And at least some on the Hip that look realistic there. :p)

• 4 weeks later...
I've never quite gotten why people play a Star Wars MMO and then use a sword instead of a lightsaber. but some people seem to like it so I've got no PROBLEM with it

Agreed, if you prefer real swords, there are tons of fantasy MMORPGs out there that use them. This is an age of technology and there is the old adage, "never bring a knife to a gunfight" :) Lightsabers make sense, they can block/reflect laser blasts (especially in the hands of those meant to use them). But in a sword to sword battle, a lightsaber *should* slice right through a typical sword (vibro swords and Cathar swords are obviously enhanced to resist this). But I have to admit when I see a Marauder with two big swords my first thought is "You're in the wrong game" :) But to each their own.

• 4 weeks later...

We play in an era where Sith swords were quite common, They were made of different alloys and stuff.

"

Sith swords were constructed through various metallurgical and arcane means, transmuting base metals into an alchemical alloy possessing an unusual affinity for dark side energies. The rare metallic compounds used in its construction could result in blades varying in weight from 3 kilograms up to 6.5 kilograms, a blade far heavier than its 1.4 meter length[source?] would indicate. It often required great strength of body as well as in the Force to successfully wield the weapon and make it as dangerous as a lightsaber. In fact, the alchemical alterations allowed the Sith sword to block incoming lightsaber attacks, as well as deflect and redirect blaster bolts in much the same way a lightsaber did

"

"

A user skilled in the dark side could alter the weapon's molecular structure, making it stronger and sharper, and reverse its magnetic polarity, turning it into a high-temperature superconductor that could deflect blaster bolts and other particle weapons as if magnetically sealed. The rare ores used in its construction resisted lightsabers in much the same manner as cortosis and Phrik alloy, while its polished surface reflected laser beams and other coherent light weapons like a mirror. But perhaps most significantly, the weapon served as a focus for the dark energies of its wielder, amplifying their power and refining their control until they became a walking nexus of dark side power.

The weapon's magnetic properties, combined with its attraction to the dark side of the Force, caused it to react unusually to discharges of Force lightning; The blade would attract and absorb the energy, storing it like an electric capacitor until the blade made contact with a substantial physical object, whereupon the amplified electrical energy was discharged— to an extremely devastating effect.

"

Swords made from Cortosis also had the ability to shut down a lightsaber on contact. There is only one saber crystal that can withstand cortosis and that is mined on Mestare.

• 2 months later...
I have to agree with this. If you look at Kotor, there were great models and here three hundred years later, i don't understand where the technology would take a step back to require all these blocky additions to make them functional.

Agreed, if you prefer real swords, there are tons of fantasy MMORPGs out there that use them. This is an age of technology and there is the old adage, "never bring a knife to a gunfight" :) Lightsabers make sense, they can block/reflect laser blasts (especially in the hands of those meant to use them). But in a sword to sword battle, a lightsaber *should* slice right through a typical sword (vibro swords and Cathar swords are obviously enhanced to resist this). But I have to admit when I see a Marauder with two big swords my first thought is "You're in the wrong game" :) But to each their own.

I always wondered why people play Star Wars and use Snipers. Go play CoD filthy casuals. :rolleyes:

Any ways I think we could use more swords. I only like one sword in the game.