Merc class bug ? Or intended.

Oyranos

I logged with my merc and moved into solo fps to finish the forge alliance. Its my first contact with my merc after expansion and I find something that its a bug? a stupidity? Well, it is something...

When I use a spell that needs time to finish, lets say flame thrower or sweeping blasters, death from above, etc... It has timing bar... I spend xx amount of heat to activate the spell, but at the same time and during that timing, my heat bar fills with heat! So after few seconds any spell I try to use, fails and the character is unplayable.

I made a video for it and its the least hilarious if its intended, or if its a bug, it should be highest priority!

I will post the video here in a while, uploads in Youtube the time I write this msg.

edit : here is the video, look how all spells fail because of it.

Edited by Oyranos

I logged with my merc and moved into solo fps to finish the forge alliance. Its my first contact with my merc after expansion and I find something that its a bug? a stupidity? Well, it is something...

When I use a spell that needs time to finish, lets say flame thrower or sweeping blasters, death from above, etc... It has timing bar... I spend xx amount of heat to activate the spell, but at the same time and during that timing, my heat bar fills with heat! So after few seconds any spell I try to use, fails and the character is unplayable.

I made a video for it and its the least hilarious if its intended, or if its a bug, it should be highest priority!

I will post the video here in a while, uploads in Youtube the time I write this msg.

edit : here is the video, look how all spells fail because of it.

What the hell are you doing on your merc to overheat???? That's just L2P issue here not a bug.. In 2.x you wouldn,t have even be able to begin casting DfA/FT/SwB anyway cause you would had to much heat....

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1222014/game-update-3.0-shadow-revan-early-access

•Channeled abilities now consume resources every time the Ability deals - or would deal – damage or healing, and does not have an upfront resource cost.

then i find it extremly stupid, because the skill shouldnt be activated, if I need a half bar of heat to cast it

I am so happy merc is not my class... This is one of my alts, i leveled him with 12xp... but I preffer powertechs...

I just need him on Rishi or Yavin for medical materials farming.

Edited by Oyranos